Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very happy with my Brera, love her to bits. But, crunch time may be looming. There may be a time in the not too distant future when I will need to be driven around, hopefully on a temporary basis (we are a one car household). My partner has never liked the Brera as a passenger and has recently driven her for the first time. The relationship between my partner and the Brera has got worse. My partner is hinting heavily at something smaller, easier ti drive & more pratical, which is not understandably going down very well. Do I stand my ground whatever the consequences?

How much do you love your Alfa, what would you sacrifice to keep it?

·
Premium Member
42,814 Posts
Tell him to jog on... love me ... love my car.
Failing that. Get another Alfa, maybe a drop down the range.
says you with a golf :lol:

·
Premium Member
42,814 Posts
Point him in the direction of the bus stop and tell him to man up :D

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Better still, one of these :lol:

Street-flyer.jpg

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We have bikes already. Problem is, is I might not be able to drive in which case I will need someone to drive me.

Would you really choose between car or relationship.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I wanted to get rid of my boring A4 at the end of last year and had my heart set on a Brera.

The OH was quite against it at the time, being impractical, expensive to run etc, but as she didn't drive, and I'd be paying for it, she gave in.

I think she has warmed to it, but has since passed her test and really doesn't like driving it, being heavy, poor visibility, difficult to park etc. Luckily, >95% time I drive anyway.

If we were in a position where I couldn't drive, and she would have to, she'd probably put up in the short term (though it would be no good for my nerves!) but longer term we'd probably look to (reluctantly) change.

Would be a massive shame if you had to change, but maybe compromise with another Alfa? Depending on your needs, how about a MiTo, or Giulietta. Or a GT or 147 maybe?

First choice would be to keep the Brera though, after all, it ain't just any old car!

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a friend in Liverpool for a few days who has just hired a car. She has ended up, by chance, with a Giuletta and says its like driving a tank. That does not bode well.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I have a friend in Liverpool for a few days who has just hired a car. She has ended up, by chance, with a Giuletta and says its like driving a tank. That does not bode well.
I test drove the G a while back and found it quite easy to drive. Not too light on the steering but certainly not as heavy as the Brera, and with much better visibility and a reasonable driving position.

I remember my mother saying driving our old Ford Cortina was like driving a tank - I can believe that!

*If* a change really is on the cards, it wouldn't hurt to test drive a few! :thumbs:

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
We have bikes already. Problem is, is I might not be able to drive in which case I will need someone to drive me.

Would you really choose between car or relationship.
Car every time :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts