1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
22,761 Posts
Was it as BL day out? Metro, Mini and SD1 all in the photos.
What happened to that Sierra? I'm sure he delivers pizza 'round here, at leat they look the same!!

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The event was the northern sports and saloons, the Sierra has gained a mid-mounted 6.7 litre V8 and the Mini has gained a Hayabusa engine and rear wheel drive.

I went to see my pal make his race debut in his 340 bhp Caterham, the silver one in the last picture.

Here's a video of the first half of the race. The finishing positions were the same but the last few laps were a lot slower as someone dropped oil right round the track.

Our hero qualified 3rd and finished 4th overall, 2nd in class. :thumbs:

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How about the Rover some old boy that took the wrong turn out of the car park?
I saw it qualify but it didn't come out for the actual race.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Looks like your mate could do with some new brakes as he kept getting outbraked into Tower,mind you that Seat is quick and handles well,not a bad result for his first time out though :thumbs:

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This unassuming little Pug was going very well, even after he rolled it!! :eek: The touring car engine and six speed sequential box probably helped. :cool:

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks like your mate could do with some new brakes as he kept getting outbraked into Tower,mind you that Seat is quick and handles well,not a bad result for his first time out though :thumbs:
It wasn't just his first race it was his first time on the track in that car!! :eek:

You should have come along. I ended up getting a free ticket off your mate Mr. Turnbull. ;)

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Great mix of cars !! :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
It wasn't just his first race it was his first time on the track in that car!! :eek:

You should have come along. I ended up getting a free ticket off your mate Mr. Turnbull. ;)
I would have loved to come but i had to do a "dads taxi" run :rolleyes:
Malcolm is a top man :thumbs:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts