Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Nice one David. I mean Katie.

Good luck and well done finally getting what she wanted.

·
Registered
14,827 Posts
Very nice.

Are you jealous?

·
Administrator
88,053 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Lovely choice, pass on my congratulations to KT for having great taste in men cars :biglaugh:

On a serious note thats the best colour for a G :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Lovely choice, pass on my congratulations to KT for having great taste in men cars :biglaugh:

On a serious note thats the best colour for a G :thumbs:
Cheers.:thumbup:

I think she may be partially (selectively) blind to just how ugly I am :confused:. I am certainly a very lucky young man to have a lady who is so interested in cars.

The problem is, I never know when the next death threat will arrive for suggesting a Golf GTi. :lol:

She wants a Ghibli next. :wall:

D

·
0 Posts
Cheers.:thumbup:

I think she may be partially (selectively) blind to just how ugly I am :confused:. I am certainly a very lucky young man to have a lady who is so interested in cars.

The problem is, I never know when the next death threat will arrive for suggesting a Golf GTi. :lol:

She wants a Ghibli next. :wall:
Typical woman, has a new toy for a couple of days and she wants something else already, you've lasted well mate :lol:

D

·
0 Posts
I think white is perfect for the G, it shows of the lines perfect :thumbs:

Matte grey would be the only other choice for myself.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think white is perfect for the G, it shows of the lines perfect :thumbs:

Matte grey would be the only other choice for myself.
I wasn't convinced myself on white. I found that as soon as I actually stood next to it, there is much more depth than I expected there to be. I think it contrasts well with the light clusters and highlights the design of the rear lights.

The side skirts make it work better too. They break up the side a little bit along with the folds. :)

I have gone from thinking that this is the least desirable colour to me, to thinking this is the best choice we could have made. :D

·
Registered
14,827 Posts
I wasn't convinced myself on white. I found that as soon as I actually stood next to it, there is much more depth than I expected there to be. I think it contrasts well with the light clusters and highlights the design of the rear lights.

The side skirts make it work better too. They break up the side a little bit along with the folds. :)

I have gone from thinking that this is the least desirable colour to me, to thinking this is the best choice we could have made. :D
That's what I found with the Brera. The various design lines and light clusters created areas of light and shade that really showed off the design.

Reactions: David WB

·
Registered
56 Posts
At our place, in the main, the ladies chose a white one with the fancy metallic/deep paint job, but could then only get a smaller powered engine (the 120 petrol or diesel iirc from 6 years ago), the men chose the standard black one with 170 multi air engine. I'm on my third one now, and due to Alfas 'business edition', now have gone from the 2 plain black ones to an etna black, which as i'm in Yorkshire, might as well be the normal black 360 days a year. :)

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
My Giulietta pedals are trying to kill me!

This is a well documented problem.

The metal pedals have been known to be nearly lethal when your feet are wet. For example:
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-giulietta/331190-aluminium-pedals.html
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-giulietta/916922-pedal-rubbers.html

In the second link, armoore provides a useful link that gives the part number for the clutch and brake covers on the manual versions.

I suspect this number (51860207) is for the left hand drive version of the car.

The number you want to order the correct pedal covers for the UK spec is: 50518908.

They only cost ~£25 from a main dealer, and the are direct replacements for the metal covers above.

The metal covers simply slip over the actual medal arms, where you will find a smooth surface. They peel off with some convincing, you can feel the lip underneath the covers where they grip the pedal.

The rubber ones go on exacly the same way (little fiddly, but took only five minutes) as the metal ones. Note that the pedal rubbers do have correct pedals The pedal cover that has a triangular structure on one side is the brake cover. The flat one without is the clutch.

Job jobbed.

On a last note, I do think there is one for the accelerator too, but I am not sure if this is more involved, or what the part number is. I will update this article if I find it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts