Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a creaking noise coming from the drivers side front suspension. Has anyone encounterd anythig similiar. Could it perhaps be radius arm bushes and if so is it a DIY job to replace or more a garage fix? Any comments greatfully appreciated. :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
creak or squeek = upper wishbone/s

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
dry weather does it

·
Registered
151 Posts
I suffer the same too, but have also noticed even when sat still and turning the steering wheel from side to side I still get a squeak from the front offside.... something to do with the wheel itself?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I had the same problem. Was the RH lower wishbone. Was squeeking over uneven surfaces and when stationary turning wheel lock to lock.

:mad:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Does anybody know a garage near Seaford BN25 where I could get my upper wishbones/bushes (I have the creak!) and cambelt replaced? Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Have the same on my GT. If it is upper wishbones, what will this cost for a garage repair? Do they do both sides at the same time, or is the fix possible to do on one side only?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
If its upper wishbones and the old wishbone balljoint is good i'd (i have) powerflex them, and you will not need to do this again... and when the balljoint does go you can swap the powerflex bushes over to the new ones also..
About and 1 1/2 hrs labour for a garage Max...

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have the same noise on my 2.4 jtd, we had a look with my friend and we have got it down to two things. 1 the bushes as they are dry (and we have sprayed with lubricant) 2 the anti roll bar as the bushes on the end dry up and creek .

·
Registered
132 Posts
Have same noise. Had my upper wishbone on passenger side replaced twice in the space of a year. Any chance it could be something else. Had new upper arm fitted 4 weeks ago and still no improvement. Still making very loud creak/squeak.

Was not picked up on MOT this week. In fact I had to have a lower arm replaced on the opposite side and this felt/sounded fine.

Any ideas??

·
Registered
124 Posts
Some of the old type bushes were not made very well, hence why they did not last as long as they should have :rant:. I now understand that Alfa Romeo have changed these type of bushes (new design) and this should make them last longer. I will let you know when i get them done and hopefully they will last more than 12000 miles.:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts