Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of weeks ago a small creak could be heard from the o/s front going over speed humps, over last couple of days it has got worse. I'm thinking it would be the shock on the way out :confused:
If so what is the cheapest anyone has come across?

·
Banned
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are they one the wishbone with the ball joint cos I had those replaced a couple of months ago

W

·
0 Posts
Try greasing the top suspension mount, its worked for a couple of people on here.

wrinx

·
Banned
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
did think about that actually. didn't some one use bike lube? I'll give that ago first before I spend even MORE money :( :rolleyes: :( :rolleyes:
I'm trying to save up for a set of Black Diamond grooved & drilled discs (I know some one who can get them a bit cheaper) and EBC pads as my brakes are sh*gged. Plus I'm going to need a new back box soon (got my eyes on a supersprint evo). There always seems to something else that crops up!

W

·
0 Posts
Do NOT buy Green Stuff pads. They leave a horrible black dust on your alloys that is a nightmare to remove and also take ages to warm up.

wrinx

·
Banned
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I knew they took ages to warm up (I rarely use the brakes anyway eek! ), but I thought they were supposed to emit less dust than other pads? Mate at work has them on a Mitsubishi Galant VR4 and highly reccomends them. I originally was going to go for red dot

W

·
0 Posts
Lost count of the number of"near misses" I had in the mornings trying to stop behind other vehicles eek!

wrinx

F

·
0 Posts
leave greeen stuff pads well alone, utter crap, absolutly frightening on the motorway. I fitted thm on a number of cars (cause im stoopid) with always the same result, great for the first 2 weeks then terrible to warm up, have to drive the car slower to make sure you can stop in time.
Have OMP pads on the 155 now, seem ok, still not got the bite of the standard pads, but no fade.

Green stuff has no place on the road in my opinion

M

·
0 Posts
Sounds like Green Stuff are made for people who jump on the brakes every 20 seconds. That would heat them up !!!

Marlon

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
After I had one of my wishbones done, there was some serious clunking noises from the front. Took it back to WAD where I'd had it done, they got it up on the ramps checked everything (all ok) and took it out for a drive - still doing it. Checked it all again, couldn't find anything wrong. Drove it for a couple of weeks and it just cleared up - reckon it must have been a tight & sticking bush in the arm...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts