Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
First things first have you checked the steering fluid is good and also correct level ?
Next check the gaiters on the steering rack are ok. And if you can feel any movement in the anti roll bar or the rack itself.
Is the noise central or to one side?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
creaking/groaning when turning the wheel at low speed/stationary is more than likely the upper wishbones - it's a common problem. relatively cheap fix, buy TRW's and lubricate them when fitting.

I recommend you do a search just to be sure.

[email protected]

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have looked again , noise comes only when i breaking not turning steering wheel, i replaced new lower and upper wishbones, what about absorber spring rubber?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I have looked again , noise comes only when i breaking not turning steering wheel, i replaced new lower and upper wishbones, what about absorber spring rubber?
Did you grease the bushes in the uppers?

It would be unusual for the top mounts, but not unheard of. Really easy to test though - lift the bonnet, stick your head next to the top mount and have someone turn the wheel. Bear in mind that's pretty close to the uppers so you'd hear them too. You could probably pop the cap/cover off of the strut in the engine bay and spray silicone spray onto the mount from there too, then just see if the noise goes away.

I still think it's the upper wishbones mind ;)

[email protected]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts