Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, over 13,000 miles into ownership and the car has developed a creak from the driver's door side window frame. It seems that the frame is moving in the door recess and creaking against the rubber seal. I have no idea why this should happen this late on unless the door has dropped a little. If I can put up with it until the annual service (in early may) I will, but it's damn well right next to my right ear and particularly annoying:mad:

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
You have obviously never had a car with frameless windows, or you wouldnt complain!

Holts Rubber and nylon spray is what you need.

Proabably a detergent issue.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Fraser Ive had a creaking sound coming from my drivers side door for nearly 9 months now, mine sounds as though it is coming from around the locking mechanism area. have tried all sorts of different things to no avail its still there.Its due for its two year service in June ill have to wait till then. 20k on the clock now.

·
Registered
19,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, this is my second embarassing post of the week:rolleyes:

I don't have a creak from the window frame. My daughter had kindly picked up my ice scraper from the floor and stuck it in the pocket of the offside rear door - cue nice creaky noise. At least I now know why the silicon lube wasn't working:eek:

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
OK, this is my second embarassing post of the week:rolleyes:

I don't have a creak from the window frame. My daughter had kindly picked up my ice scraper from the floor and stuck it in the pocket of the offside rear door - cue nice creaky noise. At least I now know why the silicon lube wasn't working:eek:
:eek:

:lol: :cheese: :lol: :cheese: :lol:

Just waiting for your next embarassing post! Things come in 3's don't you know.... :p ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts