Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had some snow tonight. Only an inch but enough to cause havoc.

To get to the village (it's not a village as such but that's what people call it) where I live from Manchester you either drive down a really steep hill or go a couple of miles out of your way. On my way home tonight I opted for the hill because I was knackered and just wanted to get home.

It immediately became apparent that this was a bad idea when I saw a Toyota Corolla completely sideways blocking the road sliding down very slowly. A couple of burly blokes helped direct it and it made it to the bottom. A woman coming up the hill had to stop and fried her clutch setting off again and I slid all the way down at a 45 degree angle to the road with my foot on the brake pedal and it thrumming away as the ABS went crackers. I missed the Corolla by inches whilst watching a bloke in an old 5-series follow me down at a similar angle to the road.

I fully expected to slide into someone or something but thankfully through sheer dumb luck, managed to avoid everyone. 5 hours later, I've even stopped shaking.

Roll-on spring!

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know why I put this in the rant room. WOT would do in the absence of a "thank **** for that" room.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts