Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!!

Basically I'm 29 Yo, 5 years ncb with 1 claim nearly 5 years ago. I have put my mum as a second driver and she has 6 years ncb.
I will be driving af mito 1.4 (135) tb distinctive and the lowest insurance is £950 which is just absurd.

Can anyone Plz help me.

S

·
0 Posts
Not sure if they do it in UK but go through a broker, they usually get the best deals. Speak to your nearest AR dealership, they will know brokers (again, assuming UK has brokers).

To give you an idea; I called around for ins on my MiTo QV, most of the time they wanted about ZAR2000 (or £166) per month. After going through a broker, they got me R1261 (or £105) per month, fully comprehensive with lots of benefits and an excess of R2500 (or £208). Which is fantastic as my MiTo is classified as a "sports car".

Hope this helps. :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well done sabbz, not sure what you mean by brokers sorry. you mean like a company that will look at other diff companies and than find the cheapest?? like confused.com?

anyway i will be ringing diff companies up today and speak to them.

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
I wish there was a hard and fast rule. There isn't :(. Too many variables all you can do is plug away interneting and phoning.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
well done sabbz, not sure what you mean by brokers sorry. you mean like a company that will look at other diff companies and than find the cheapest?? like confused.com?

anyway i will be ringing diff companies up today and speak to them.
Adrian Flux are an example of a broker. They will provide you with insurance, but it isn't actually them doing the ensuring.

As a minimum you should trawl the price comparison websites. Play around with who is the second driver (your mum is probably best), as well as your job description - which you can vary subtly as no job description will exactly match your job. Hint - don't tell them you are a professional wrestler. ;)

Price comparison websites are good if you are relatively standard (i.e. no mods to the car, clean history etc), but for anything else you can often get better results from a broker.

Modern car insurance is a hideous rip-off. Best of luck :)

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
I think if you check the money saving expert dot come website they'll be articles on car insurance quote screen scrapers and what percentage of insurers using the 3 or 4 will cover.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ty for the help guys. i have been reading about adrian flux already and i dont think i will ever go to him.

i will try the money saving expert now, btw my cheapest offer was found from moneysupermarket dont com :D

and yeap i know about the job description but thanks anyway.

·
AO Traders
593 Posts
ty for the help guys. i have been reading about adrian flux already and i dont think i will ever go to him.

i will try the money saving expert now, btw my cheapest offer was found from moneysupermarket dont com :D

and yeap i know about the job description but thanks anyway.
Hi

If there is a particular thing i can help with please pm me ?

Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi. I seen you posting and helping people. But what do you actually do for them???

Btw I have tried every where to find today cheapest but couldn't find it.
The more than when I was applying online and told me at the end that it can not insure me, am I that bad or where I live lol seriously.
On my fiat punt that I have at the moment the cheapest is 700 and it's 1.2 52 reg. For this cars people normally get let that 400.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Hey all!!

Basically I'm 29 Yo, 5 years ncb with 1 claim nearly 5 years ago. I have put my mum as a second driver and she has 6 years ncb.
I will be driving af mito 1.4 (135) tb distinctive and the lowest insurance is £950 which is just absurd.

Can anyone Plz help me.
I don't think £950 is a bad price to be honest. I'm the same age with three years less NCB and pay just a bit more but in a Manchester postcode on a car of much less value and with the missus as a second driver.

And before anyone says anything I am in no way supporting the general daylight robbery that is car insurance I'm just saying that looking at the details (under 30, In or near a major city, car of reasonable value, male) in the current environment and with the current cartel like insurance market £950 doesn't seem that bad.

·
AO Traders
593 Posts
Hiya,

Yes I’m on the forum to answer any Flux or general insurance questions that members have. I will look into problems if they have them with Flux and see if I can help get them sorted out. I’ve been at Flux nearly 23 years now in many senior positions so I’m in quite a good position to sort things out if they need sorting.

Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i guess for the area i live in the price is ok but still i wouldnt mind it to go down.

btw dan if you can beet that price i might have a look at flex insurance, but the reputation from what i have heard is not good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts