Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to check with you knowledgable fellows that i'm not over-reacting.
Bought a 3yr/30k miles Skoda Kodiak from Cinch.
It's a lovely car,my wife loves it -its her car - and all was tickety-boo until we got it's service history from local Skoda dealer this morning.
Last December @27k it had a new crankshaft,new crankshaft seals and a leak noted.All done under warranty @ a Skoda dealer. That is all i know as i don't know which garage did the job so can't get any more details about the whys and wherefores.
Immediate reaction was to get rid (under 14 days) ,but its really annoying as in every other way the car is exactly what we wanted, and will be a pain to find another with all the right stuff specced :(
So far Cinch have been fine and car is booked to be returned on Monday

It has to go though right?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When we rang Cinch this morning it was basically just to ask about our options ,we have/had until next Tuesday for the 14day period to end.But that never happened,as soon as my wife mentioned she wasn't happy with the car it went straight to it being returned.Can't fault Cinch for the way they've handled it tbh,but it is going to be a pita til we can find a replacement

·
Registered
Giuilietta veloce 1.4 multiair & Merc C180 coupe
400 Posts
Personally if you have doubts and they are willing to take it back with no cost to you I would return it. In my experience once the doubt is there you will never be fully confident in it. Cinch will just sell it to someone else. Cinch cars are prepped in Coventry at Car Store part of the Pendragon group.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah the 'why?' bit would be the killer,ticking away in the back of the mind.I can't think of any benign reason for changing a crankshaft.
I'm just thankful we rang the local dealer this morning,more by luck than judgement I have to admit.Would be a bugger to have learnt about it after the return period,and also feel a bit of a muppet for not checking earlier

·
Registered
Giuilietta veloce 1.4 multiair & Merc C180 coupe
400 Posts
Yeah the 'why?' bit would be the killer,ticking away in the back of the mind.I can't think of any benign reason for changing a crankshaft.
I'm just thankful we rang the local dealer this morning,more by luck than judgement I have to admit.Would be a bugger to have learnt about it after the return period,and also feel a bit of a muppet for not checking earlier
Generally changing a crankshaft early in a vehicles life is a manufacturing defect. It may or may not be fine for the rest of the cars life but now the seed of doubt has been planted it will always be there. I’ve changed cranks on year old cars before and put a new crank in with standard shells as that was the instruction from above. They didn’t want to waste time using plastiguage and ordering non standard shells etc. They were fine when they left us and we never saw them again but who knows how long they lasted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts