Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
There's an aftermarket one but I cant recall who the manufacturer is. I may have one at home, which I bought in case i went for a rebuild. Will check when I get time.
Alan

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
They're different and whilst they can be bought, they're apparently balanced with the crank and flywheel at the factory.

There's also two different pulley diameters - 130mm and 140mm. I don't know off hand what's fitted to what. Pretty sure the GTA has a 140mm dia pulley, but it'll still be engine size specific - i.e. a 3.0 may have a 140mm dia pulley but it'll be balanced differently.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Can't speak with authority on this but if it's the damped crank pulley then I had a used GTA one on my 2.5 V6 156 with no issues.

I've still got a brand new Corteco branded one which I never got around to fitting to my old 156.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1x-Belt-P...FA-ROMEO-156-156-Sportwagon-166-/111881146291

I was thinking I'd fit this to my 147 GTA, but may not now if they are really that different. To be fair it's still going to be better balanced than an old one that's falling to bits.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
They're different and whilst they can be bought, they're apparently balanced with the crank and flywheel at the factory.
Are you sure? Does that mean that if I buy a used engine it must be sold with the flywheel it was built with? If a different flywheel has to be fitted what are the likely consequences?

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Are you sure? Does that mean that if I buy a used engine it must be sold with the flywheel it was built with? If a different flywheel has to be fitted what are the likely consequences?
It may be a forum propagated myth but busso v6's are supposed to be balanced like this.

At a guess - harmonic imbalance that causes premature wear of bearings.

*shrugs*

Not the end of the world if not.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
It may be a forum propagated myth but busso v6's are supposed to be balanced like this.

At a guess - harmonic imbalance that causes premature wear of bearings.

*shrugs*

Not the end of the world if not.
Thanks Chris. Bought a 3.2 engine and it came without flywheel so you could say I was curious.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Thanks Chris. Bought a 3.2 engine and it came without flywheel so you could say I was curious.
The 3.2 FW is significantly lighter than the 2.5/3.0 so it may be worthwhile sourcing one and getting it balanced properly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts