Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay boys and girls i have a 2.0 ltr 156 selespeed that was fine friday morning after i finished work.i have gone to start it today and low and behold the alfa gremlines are out in force.
fliud levels are fine spark plugs look ok, there is 12vdc at the cable conection to the coils and the starter motor engages. i've flattened the battery three times trying to start it apart from sacrificing a chicken over the badge on the bonnet anyone got any ideas.:cry::cry::cry::cry:

D

·
0 Posts
1) How much fuel is in it ?
2) Is your code light going out ?
3) Are the cams turning ?

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
1) How much fuel is in it ?
2) Is your code light going out ?
3) Are the cams turning ?
4)is your battery that tired ..after 2 revolutions surely it wouldnt start so why keep trying..so your battery maybe finished ..you should see at least 12.6 volts

5)have you reset fuel pump ..just a thought

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1) 1/4 of a tank
2) yes
3) yes
just double check them
i've just noticed the fans are running when i put my key in now for some bizzare reason

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
1) 1/4 of a tank
2) yes
3) yes
just double check them
i've just noticed the fans are running when i put my key in now for some bizzare reason
water temp sensor connection is open circuit ...that can cause over fueling so get ya hand into thermostat and locate sensor and give it a wiggle and see if fans stop and when fans stop try starting her

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no the battery is fine started at 12.8vdc then fell of to 10.2 be fore stopped and it stopped i've flattened it trying to start the car
5) reset the fuel pump?
i've removed the relays at the front of the battery, i've disconnected the battery for an hour.
maybe i should leave it over night.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dave you are a star the next time i'm up at anfield i'll buy you a pint in the flat iron if want

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes thanks to everyone, just had a burn up the a38. those gremlins you have to love them they keep us on our toes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts