Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Well, after having praised the reducer so much, I today encountered a big problem.
I saw lots of oil dripping out of my air filter (I use the direct induction similar to the torque7 one). How can this be? Does the reducer suck so much oil into the induction pipe, which then follows gravity after having turned of the engine and finally drips out of the lowest point (which is the air cone filter)? I do not want to remove the reducer, but I can´t use it like this (I loose oil after every longer drive, like 20 minutes :().

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well, after having praised the reducer so much, I today encountered a big problem.
I saw lots of oil dripping out of my air filter (I use the direct induction similar to the torque7 one). How can this be? Does the reducer suck so much oil into the induction pipe, which then follows gravity after having turned of the engine and finally drips out of the lowest point (which is the air cone filter)? I do not want to remove the reducer, but I can´t use it like this (I loose oil after every longer drive, like 20 minutes :().

So, what's the latest on this?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I asked Trucco about this and they recommended to installed an oil catch tank (between reducer and induction pipe).
That´s what I have done (see picture, not my car, but I have the same setup of hoses and same position of oil catch tank) and so far (fingers crossed) no oil leakage anymore.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
sorry for pushing up the post, i would like to install the crankcase pressure reducer also but for my giulietta.
i seems a easy install and simple system to deal with.
may i ask there any code or anything fail after the installation?
thank you very much

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Thank you so much mate!! Cheers
No problem. But be prepared, it is very expensive. I only have the 2 valve model, the 4 valves model (which should work even better) was way above my budget.

·
Registered
24 Posts
No problem. But be prepared, it is very expensive. I only have the 2 valve model, the 4 valves model (which should work even better) was way above my budget.
Yes, it seems a bit pricy @ JPY38000 ..
I’d rather install the catch can first

21 - 33 of 33 Posts