Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right im being told by you guys to replace my crankshaft sensor, can someone tell me how to do this, and is there a workshop manual for the 156, pref diesel ?? thanks in advance for your help guys :thumbs:

L

·
0 Posts
find the starter, near by will be a sensor in the block, lower left corner of the engine [ gear box side ]. I might have a long wire coming from it or perhaps a plug/socket arrnagement. usually held in place by a 5mm allen headed bolt

·
Registered
559 Posts
Have had a strange issue recently has happened twice in last month ie turn key car starts then cuts out immediately, so after locking and unlocking using key fob i start car again and it runs perfectly no cutting out.
Is this the beginning of a crank sensor problem? (2ltr twinspark).

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
No crank sensors usually cause the vehicle to start fine then cut out once they get warm. Sounds more immobiliser ish area. Try getting it on the diag computer to see if any faults are present.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right, i've replaced the crank sensor, haven't yet replaced the cam sensor (got to get it), starts alright, but then when i've arrived somewhere, switch off then start it, just turns over wont start, leave it for awhile then fine, now if i reset the ecu will that solve the problem as a temporary solution, or hasnt anyone tried this yet?? i am replacing the cam sensor but as i say as a temp repair, cheers guys :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts