Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I have tried the search option but as usual it tells me there are no threads on the subject, so!

Have a 2007 Brera 2.4 JTDm and upon start up have the awful squeal from belt area and know that it's something in my aux belt and alternator belt area. Decided to do a brand new install and have pricing new belts, tensioner and idler. Had a look at my crank pulley and noticed a crack in the rubber so that is now added to my list. My head scratch is that the pulley prices I have seen range from £48 - £200 (approx) for the same pulley and I'm wondering if any of you guys might steer me in the right direction and have a recommendation on a good pulley at a fair price as I'm baffled .

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Have you checked shop4parts? Have seen them on there, but can't remember price, they're often genuine parts, with a hefty discount, I got a wiper linkage for my old 147 a lot cheaper than other places.

Delivery and everyrhing was spot on.

I'd prefer OEM for most things, I don't agree with pattern parts, especially when the potential for failure is high.

Just have to see the countless threads on cheap wishbones etc.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Good luck with the post-start squeaking. I changed almost everything and it is still there. AC-alternator belt is the problematic one

1 - 5 of 5 Posts