Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This aft i decided to go over a speed bump it was bigger than i thought :rolleyes: so..... can anyone tell me how hard it is to remove and replace the sump on a 2.0 TS engine :cry:
looked in a manual looks straight forward is this the case. Do i need to get all new or will i be able to repair

cheers Ian :)

·
Registered
578 Posts
Hi no real problems in the removal and replacement of the sump just a couple of slightly awkward bolts up by the gearbox end and the sump can be a wee bit tight to come of from the sealer, better to just replace than a repair unless the crack is not to big, but i would just advise a new or a good second hand sump!

T

·
0 Posts
have a look in the yellow pages should cost about £20 to get it repaired.

as for removal just get yourself two extra long ribe bits size 8 and 6 as the two by the crank are different. or they were on my previous 155.

be prepared for some hard work though as the sump uses rtv sealant as a gasket so will be welded into place but with perseverance it will shift.

if it turns out to be beyone repair pm rgwm he may be able to help.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Remember not to put the metal guard that runs around the exhaust pipe back afterwards... It's very low and I guess it caught something on yours to crack your sump?

As far as Ribe bits go the size 8 can be handled with a Torx T50 and the size 6 with the biggest flat bladed screwdriver bit you get in one of those screwdriver bit sets. Good quality tools essential.
Otherwise it's eBay who charge about £1 for the ribe bits and £4 for delivery, of Halfrauds for their 2 different Lazer ribe bit sets at £29.00

T

·
0 Posts
Remember not to put the metal guard that runs around the exhaust pipe back afterwards... It's very low and I guess it caught something on yours to crack your sump?
it was the metal block that took the impact on my car and transferred it to the sump. but i did refit my shield and would recommend likewise. i didnt know my sump was cracked until i woke up to a driveway full of oil.

but a direct hit on the sump at 30-40mph would be a disaster. total oil loss so the crank would be shot instantly. would probably kill the whole engine

very risky esp if your cars been lowered.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys you've made me feel better,as the lager's not working:lol: Will give it a go myself and let you know how it goes :)

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had a better look today and this looks to be the case

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks again you guys,my car is now back on the road:D the job was just like you all said.The sump was begone repair got one off ebay,tyed rgwm and could not help but seems a top man and will be the 1st I try next time i need a part.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts