Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed all my belts and idlers, water pump and variator yesterday. First time doing a belt for me and thanks to the help here and using Jaap Bouma's excellent guide I managed to not blow anything up.

Until I was putting it back together that is :eek:
I managed to over tighten the rocker cover and a corner cracked off. I knew they were delicate and was trying to be gentle but I'll know better next time.

Off to pick up a second hand one and from what I can see they are the same on all the aluminium topped engines.
Am I right in thinking this?

The car I'll be getting the cover off is a '97 1.4L 145.

Also I couldn't get a phase sensor before I did the belts so will have to go at it again.
I looked at this 1.4L car and didn't think it had a phase sensor. However it has a variator solenoid so surely it must have a phase sensor? Would it be the same as my 2.0 155?

Help much appreciated,
Mo.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bodger,
That's very helpful indeed. It appears that all alloy topped twinny engines have the same cover and seals etc.

Looks like they all have the same head too so I may just take the lot when I get there.

Cheers,
Mo.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
A spare head is always handy if you can get a good deal.
I've been doing the same trying to figure out which airbox components are common to which Coupes. It seems that 16v parts are priced much lower than 20v by some eBay sellers so a bit of homework can save a small fortune.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts