Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some coolant pressure issues, I decided to remove the head on my alfa, after about 4.5 hours she's out, but on my what a state, nice big cracks across from intake to exhaust valves on all cylinders, and the cracks on the glow plus holes.

Also found the inlet manifold flaps seized shut on 4 of the flaps and the link arm snap too,

I now need a cylinder head, I phone autolusso, quoted me 530 for recon. Went to pay and got told sorry wrong price it's 750 plus vat,

Any 2nd hand heads about?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sent that guy a cheeky offer, see what he comes back with,

The car had a very poor remap on it, when I got it, I've replaced it with one of mine for now, have a big turbo to go on Aswell, plus exhaust

·
Registered
229 Posts
Read the fine print. The German (Polish guys actually) will charge you another 200 euros as a core charge until they get back your old cylinder head.
I had similar issues a couple of months ago. I managed to get one from Neil Carter of Italia Auto Parts. Italia auto parts

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
After some coolant pressure issues, I decided to remove the head on my alfa, after about 4.5 hours she's out, but on my what a state, nice big cracks across from intake to exhaust valves on all cylinders, and the cracks on the glow plus holes.

Also found the inlet manifold flaps seized shut on 4 of the flaps and the link arm snap too,

I now need a cylinder head, I phone autolusso, quoted me 530 for recon. Went to pay and got told sorry wrong price it's 750 plus vat,

Any 2nd hand heads about?
Price change was my fault not Liam's

These are getting so hard to come by and we need to keep them for workshop jobs rather than just selling parts. Workshop customers have to come first

Ned

1 - 5 of 5 Posts