Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Sorry to sound like a miserable sod but I gave up the plonk exactly two weeks ago. Read something somewhere which linked some of the serious effects of the virus with high blood pressure. I’ve got Asthma as well so decided to knock the wine and coffee on the head, and eat and drink a bit healthier, it’s worked at the moment lowering my BP to normal now.

Would love a pint of Stella right now tho 😩

·
Registered
12,993 Posts
I had enough last Saturday....

Had I not had a gig to go to on the Sunday, I would have ended up self isolating all day. Anyway, I've had none this weekend, as I tend to drink in pubs and not at home and haven't adjusted to the idea that this might be what I have to do for a month or so. It would be the perfect excuse for a period of abstinence.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
No, its not just you, Sod the bog rolls, I'm concerned about stocks of red wine! Made from grapes you know, must be one of your 5 a day.

·
Vendor
45,453 Posts
I love a drink as much as the next bloke, but for the last 6 months ish I have cut my drinking down to a 48 hour window every once every 3 weeks. Which was normally a proper blow-out on saturday afternoon/evening and then a couple of pints on a Sunday lunchtime followed by wine with tea. But given there's no social life anymore, I'm just going to drink on two evenings per week, at most a couple of bottles of beer and a couple of glasses of red, and not on consecutive nights. Its not good for you to drink much more than that..

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Most of my friends live some distance away (no idea why that is), so for years social occasions have involved driving. One glass of plonk with a meal is the most I drink. You get out of the habit, and I savour that glass just as much as I did the uncountable units guzzled in my youth.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
A good friend of mine, a retired GP, has a glass of red every evening. If its good enough for him.........

·
Vendor
45,453 Posts
Bearing in mind that correlation does not necessarily equal causation, this is looking pretty good for wine drinkers, especially red wine:

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Not surprised, thought that would be the case.

·
Vendor
45,453 Posts
Worth bearing in mind potential negative health consequences in other areas though, even if it does something beneficial to the immune system, which makes it more likely you fight off rather than become infected with common viruses.

·
Registered
194 Posts
In self isolation for the next six days and only have two bottles of rum , fortunately my landlord is in a vunerable group so emergency supplies can be delivered

1 - 15 of 15 Posts