Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought some little red led strips to act as external handle lights (they are low lumen for a nice subtle glow). I don't need to know how naff you think they might look...it's my car! They were standard on my old BMW and I liked them...I also fitted them to my Jeep. It was easy on the Jeep as they was a wire in each of the locks that became live when I used the remote unlock. Any such wires on the 159....and where and what colour? The current drain in really minimal to there will be no problems with excess current. I could of course run them from the ceiling courtesy light..but that is lots of wire to hide! I thought about the puddle lights but that would mean they would only come in after I open the door....I want them to come on when I remotely unlock...like the factory interior lights do. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
42 Posts
Project halo unlock module can provide this functionality. Still in testing but give the fb page a like and look out for posts in the next few weeks

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I recently bought some little red led strips to act as external handle lights (they are low lumen for a nice subtle glow). I don't need to know how naff you think they might look...
Ok then. I'll say nothing...

Reactions: alfaitalia

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Project halo unlock module can provide this functionality. Still in testing but give the fb page a like and look out for posts in the next few weeks

I will get my 9 year old son to do that for me....Im 52 (tomorrow....Happy Birthday to me, Happy....etc etc) have a life and REAL friends and therefore DONT have a Facebook account. But now I'm curious to know what an unlock module actually does.....

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
have a life and REAL friends and therefore DONT have a Facebook account. But now I'm curious to know what an unlock module actually does.....[/QUOTE said:
Haha you sound just like me,I tell my mrs all the time she should get a life and bin off social media.

On to original question I wonder if there is a feed for unlocked at the control unit in doors? Absolutely no help identifying one but you could pop card off and have a look with a fluke.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I will get my 9 year old son to do that for me....Im 52 (tomorrow....Happy Birthday to me, Happy....etc etc) have a life and REAL friends and therefore DONT have a Facebook account. But now I'm curious to know what an unlock module actually does.....

Ha ha ... my Son is 32 today! and I’m 52! on Wednesday, both of us have plenty of friends and neither of us have a Facebook account ... fair to say he’s had a good upbringing .

I’d be getting out my fluke and having a poke about too

Happy Birthday fella

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers. Yes Im an old dad.....been mistaken for his grandad twice!! By the time I was married at 40 most of my mates had been married at least once....while I was travelling the world, racing bikes and generally having a great time.....the only problem was being permanently broke....worth it though. All grown up with a house and family now though!!!LOL!...yes that's what I will do, I'm sure there will be a interior light feed there somewhere.....was just wondering if anyone had done it before.

·
Registered
42 Posts
We do have a website but it's not quite finished yet. Anyway the unlock module reads the interior light signal and creates a timer to allow things like the external leds to run at unlock time. It was primarily designed for the Project Halo controllers but I can tweak the design to allow it to be universal. So you get a +12v output when unlocked for 30s and when they key Is taken out for 30s

1 - 8 of 8 Posts