Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just a couple of queries...

1) not sure if you have to have a red spider for this to be true, but, do any of you have the aweful Fading affect on your rear bumper and hood cover? my car's Rosso, and ten years old, and these plastic parts have faded to a pink...it doesnt bother me too much, but when the roof is down there is a definite line of fade on the cover!! :lol:

2) What is the best way to de-green a spider roof? it works for a short time when my Valeter gets on it, but when I wash the car myself (Rare) it seems to stay green....:confused:

Please help if you can!

Thanks

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
The pink is normal for a Rosso Alfa, join the pink club!! The only way to really sort it out is to respray it.

·
Registered
10,975 Posts
My roof.....zoe yellow...has a slight 'green' effect....I guess if it gets wet n dry n wet n dry, etc....and kept in the shade it will get mouldy. My partner bought a kit for the rag roof but we haven't tried it yet. I use a nail brush when I clean her......and use the dyson regularly as well :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Don't use any products like household Mould and Mildew remover, they contain bleach.

I scrubed my roof with a stiff brush, let it dry (impossible this time of year) and treated it with Fabsil. It's a waterproofer, for things like tent seams, outdoor wear etc, works on cotton, nylon etc.

On the colour fade, try a good colour restorer, most stuff available is really polish, but if you pop into a body shop and ask them, they should be able to point you in the direction of a good cutting compound, but if it badly faded you're in for a respray.

·
Registered
469 Posts
1st step is to use Renovo plastic window polish on the reear screen - wow, what a result! It may leave some polish marks on the hood, so I'd do this step first.

Then scrub the hood with a biological washing powder solution and a scrubbing brush to remove all algae and wash it down well. Once dry, apply Renovo black hood restorer. Once that's dry, apply a whole can of FabriSeal (from Milletts, used to waterproof tents).

You might need three separate days as the hood needs to be dry before applying the hood restorer, and before applying the Fabriseal.

·
Registered
170 Posts
It's only been a few days since I sprayed my roof with Fabsil, and I sat there lastnight watching the rain run off the roof like a freshly polished bonnet. This morning the droplets sat on the roof rather than soaking into it. I could flick them off one at a time.
I bought a 600ml can from Ebay for around £6 and I had enough left to do 2 pairs of walking boots aswell and some waterproof legging!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts