Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post here, after quite some reading.

Actually I was more focused on the actual car-related topics, and failed to notice the dedicated Blue & me forum.

I have a couple of questions regarding blue and me, before I make my decision on whether to include it in my new MiTo or not.

1) If I am playing a specific song in a folder, how easy is to navigate to other folders? I mean, while playback, do I have to reopen the Main Menu-->Media Player-->Folders, etc, or is it easier to navigate through the songs of the selected(or other folders)?

2) While playing, is it possible to select another song and make it "queue" after the song already playing, or am I only able to do this with the pre-created m3u files?

3) Finally, this is a question mainly aimed at long time users: Is FIAT launching frequent software updates? I mean, is there any chance that we will see more advanced features in the future?

Sorry if my questions have been already asked before(searching the forum did not give me any specific answers), and many thanks for your time

Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
831 Posts
1. voice control by saying "folders" or "artists", but it'll pause playing until it will confirm the command.
2. no
3. except the sms reader I haven't heard of any other update, even more the update servers are still offline. they rather release new versions of b&m, like nav and such :(

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Regardless of your specific questions Blue&Me is a 'must have'.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1. voice control by saying "folders" or "artists", but it'll pause playing until it will confirm the command.
It seems that I will have to get used to speaking to my car :lol:

However, is there any specific button that you can use so as to browse through the songs while it is playing?

I mean, let's say I am hearing song #5 from a specific folder. I want to be able to press a button and then navigate this folder, or choose to navigate one level up or down etc/

Many thanks for the assistance and help!

·
Registered
154 Posts

However, is there any specific button that you can use so as to browse through the songs while it is playing?

I mean, let's say I am hearing song #5 from a specific folder. I want to be able to press a button and then navigate this folder, or choose to navigate one level up or down etc/

Yes, you can browse your folders while something is playing, but you can't queue it up. If you select, it will play immediately, but if you don't select within a few seconds the screen will change back to home and you have to start again. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, you can browse your folders while something is playing, but you can't queue it up. If you select, it will play immediately, but if you don't select within a few seconds the screen will change back to home and you have to start again. :rolleyes:
Thanks!

So it seems that I will have to create a lot of playlists and use them

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yep, just like you would with choosing which CDs you put in a CD changer.

It would be safer too, it's easy to get distracted looking for a track ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts

Having Logitech music players around the house, I've learned that Fiat/AR have a lot to improve in the B&M UI (for instance, why not use the up and down buttons to switch folders? should be so obvious...), HOWEVER - the B&M is still a very nice to have system. The voice recognition is excellent, so you should have no problems getting used to talking to your car (mine even has a name now :) ). Hopefully they'll issue some updates in the near future, inclding an SMS Reader support for Nokia E series.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Regardless of your specific questions Blue&Me is a 'must have'.
Agree but it can be a bit cumbersome in the way it lets you interact. It would be good if it remembered which folder you were in so that if you want to get another song from whichever folder the song currently playing is in you would have direct access, instead of saying/selecting 'folders' and navigating back to where you were.

Another feature I miss from my Volvo system is, say you're listening to a song on random and you want to hear the rest of the album, on the Volvo you switch off random and it keeps playing from wherever it is. There doesn't appear to be any function like this in B&M.

Still, it is a good system and I wouldn't be without it.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Agree but it can be a bit cumbersome in the way it lets you interact. It would be good if it remembered which folder you were in so that if you want to get another song from whichever folder the song currently playing is in you would have direct access, instead of saying/selecting 'folders' and navigating back to where you were.

Another feature I miss from my Volvo system is, say you're listening to a song on random and you want to hear the rest of the album, on the Volvo you switch off random and it keeps playing from wherever it is. There doesn't appear to be any function like this in B&M.

Still, it is a good system and I wouldn't be without it.
And I agree back!

I'm not suggesting that B&M is flawless, it isn't, and I'm sure there are much better after market systems you could opt for instead but if, like me, you like your car as it came out of the factory and don't generally go for 'canibalising' (especially the dashboard) then you've got to have it in my opinion.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts