Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the temperatures reaching 30C in the shade my black TI was sat with the searing sun blasting down on its bonnet for about 6hrs today.

When i got in the car it was unbearable.

I turned the ignition and drove off but straight away i could tell the turbo wasn't delivering power fully and only limited power was available, it was definately in limp mode ! with the get engine checked light on. I parked the car u pin the shade and came back an hour later....everything was fine again.

I've had all the ****£ removed ie egr / dpf do that's not the reason.

Could it be the extreme heat on the black car ?

Going to run some injector cleaner through - whats the concensus as best - Wynns ?

If anyone can link the ecu cable thing from ebay please would you as i'll purchase one tonight.

tia,
Mike.

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
can't see the heat being a factor - otherwise every 159 in southern europe would grind to a halt every summer

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see what you are saying - just wondered if the sudden change to remarkable weather had upset the car after 4years of freezing UK weather

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
You could try some diesel Rhino. There's a big thread on it in here. I'm going to run a course of treatment in our 2.0JTDM when we get it.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
it could mess with the intake air temperature sensor.

black 155's with the 16V TS engines won't start if set in the searing sun unless you disconnect said sensor.

On the 159 this will be part of the MAF though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts