·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
just an idea

buy the normal vacuum servo hose from any alfa shop, then use a 3" piece off your old hose (the best bit, if there is one!) and join this in the centre of the new hose with simple 12mm barbed hose couplers (any plumbers shop)
that way you retain the "formed" ends that you need and extend it 3 inches.

(seems one has to be imaginitive with these rhd conversions;))

another solution if you can search is many VWs (campers etc) used a 12mmID vacuum hose...had the PN N0203901

this ebayer is away till Monday, but this 1m length is same as that in your mercedes link above, and price is OK at 25 quid door to door.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-meter-vw...in+Germany&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313

edit: to be honest I think the stuff mistamun linked to just above would do......I mean it doesn't have to be brake fluid resistant (Brake fluid only gets into it when the master cylinder leaks into the servo, and then you need to replace everything anyway!), it must just be strong enough not to collapse under vacuum....as it is so cheap, maybe worth a try? A 3mm thick wall is quite good I would think.

Dom

Attachments

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Have you tried carbuildersolutions, they seem to have everything for everything

·
Registered
377 Posts
Ok, now I have my doubts too about what's suitable but when I replaced my servo hose I did not see anything special about the original one that would make it different than the other cotton braided hoses in the engine bay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts