Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

The AROC Cotswold section would like to extend an invite again this year to all AlfaOwner members

Sunday 24th June - COTSWOLD ALFA DAY

Cotswold Alfa Day and Giro Panoramico will be starting from The Village Inn, Twyning Green, Near Tewkesbury (GL20 6DF). Village Inn at Twyning

We will start the day by joining with a breakfast event run by the local Austin Healey Club on Twyning Green with Tea or Coffee and a Bacon Roll from the Village Inn, please aim to arrive between 9:30 and 10:30 am. You will receive a route plan for a drive of around 60 miles through the Vale of Evesham and into the Cotswolds.

The route will finish at Sudeley Castle, Winchcombe (GL54 5JD) where we have exclusive parking on the Falcon Lawn. Katherine Parr was Henry VIII’s last queen, lived at Sudeley and is buried in St Mary’s Church within the gardens. She is the only English Queen to be buried in a private residence. This year is the 500th anniversary of Katherine Parr’s birth and Sudeley are celebrating the life of this extraordinary queen with a season-long festival of events. Your entry fee to Sudeley Castle includes all exhibitions including the special South Hall Exhibition. Sudeley Castle: Stately Home, Castle, Cotswolds | Sudeley Castle.

Costs for the day are:

£11.50 for “Giro Panoramico & Sudeley Castle” which includes tea or coffee and a bacon roll at the Village Inn Twyning, a route plan, a Giro Panoramico sticker and access to all the special exhibitions at Sudeley Castle. £7.50 for a child

£8.00 for “Sudeley Castle only” which includes access to all the special exhibitions at Sudeley Castle. £5.00 for a child

Entry to Sudeley Castle without a pre-paid ticket on the day is £10.00 per adult or £5.00 for a child and without a pre-paid ticket we cannot guarantee you will be able to park on the Falcon Lawn.

There will be a quiz and prize draw associated with the Giro Panoramico and this year we will be celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the Giulia with a display of 105 cars and a special prize.

We are limited to app 150 parking spaces on the Falcon Lawn at Sudeley Castle, so tickets will be allocated on a first come basis and we cannot guarantee people without tickets will be able to park within the Falcon Lawn.

An application form for the event can be found on our website, please note tickets must be purchased in advance http://www.aroc-uk.com/cotswolds

Hope to see you there.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
And what a great event it was last year!

Mark has very kindly given the Gta chaps their own area,so I am hoping we will have a good turn out.

Any of the Gta chaps wishing to do the Giro, make sure you get your tickets booked as I will be doing it!!

L

·
0 Posts
Going to have to see the state of the finances but i may well be up for this :)

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
if im not away that weekend i will be up for that:D

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
got any nice alfa owner i could get romantic with?:D

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
got any nice alfa owner i could get romantic with?:D
YEP his name is Larry, he's a bit sheepish and he drives a meeeetttooow.

He can be a bit woolly sometimes and he tends to follow the crowd,but I think get rid of his sillyness you will have a marrrrrrvelous day.:cheese:

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
does he wear a fleece too??:p

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
posted my our application

·
Registered
931 Posts
Got our tickets and no racing Kev, I would hate to take another quiz victory from you if you miss a clue :p. Mind you it's not been organised by Les :cheese:

Been a while, it will be nice to catch up with the SWARMers

·
Registered
14 Posts
Cotswold Alfa Day, 24th June: Just learned of this this coming weekend. Anyone else from Glos going please? May be interested/able to go but would hope I would not be attending on my own. Can anyone give me some advice please or advise you are going etc. Regards,Vivienne.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Cotswold Alfa Day, 24th June: Just learned of this this coming weekend. Anyone else from Glos going please? May be interested/able to go but would hope I would not be attending on my own. Can anyone give me some advice please or advise you are going etc. Regards,Vivienne.
Quite a few of us going,you will be amongst friends.

The Giro starts from Twyning this is a kind of treasure hunt with lots of Alfa's getting lost.:lol:

If you don't want to do the Giro you can go straight to the castle which starts at 10.30.

If you go to the Gta marquee you will see Gta Nigel and probably the Shusky's(Les and Sue).

I will be there after the Giro(I like getting lost with directions from my 7 year old).

cheers Steve

1 - 20 of 46 Posts