Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now Sold - Cosmo Blue 147 GTA for sale

Sold to the first person who came to view, had 5 serious enquiries and even a dealer, prices are def on the rise. Was sad to see it go, but simply wasn't using it enough. At least The new owner will be getting some proper use out of it, as its his daily driver.

Link to my car on Fifth Gear, driven by VBH https://youtu.be/Y8x1wdxJ6QE

Link to more pics, also the original ad from Aug 2014, when I bought it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/75qw4yg6pmermdb/Photo%2009-09-2014%2021%2005%2040.jpg?dl=0

Since I've had it, it has been safely garaged, under a breathable car cover. Mileage is roughly 65500 now, this is what I've had done on it since I bought it:
Sept 2014 - cambelts, oil and filter and spark plugs at 62k miles
Apr 2015 - 4 Goodyear Eagle AS2 F1s, 63325 miles
Apr 2015 - New radiator (original Valeo GTA part, beware of imitations!), thermostat and stainless lower coolant pipe and fitting of BMC CDA replacement airbox, 63392 miles
Sept 2015 - MoT, no advisories, 64193 miles
Nov 2015 - service, oil and filter, new front DS2500 pads and racing spec fluid, 64825 miles
That little lot is over £2k of bills, but I wanted it right and to keep it right.

I've also replaced the front and rear Alfa badges and treated the interior leather. It really does want for nothing. Condition is excellent all round. Not perfect or concours, but really hard to find fault with. There is a little wear on the steering wheel and gearknob leather, but far less than most I've seen. Boot and engine bay are very clean. Bodywork has virtually no blemishes, one small ding on the crease of the passenger door, but you need to be 3ft tall to see it! A small scuff low down on each of front and rear bumpers, also on passenger side, both done by me, now blended in with chip repair and coloured polish, but again are pretty hard to spot. That's it really. It uses very little oil, gearbox is smooth and easy, it has the Q2 diff and 330 brakes, but with the 17" wheels so the ride is good too. No warning lights and everything works properly, even the satnav and built in phone. Exhaust is standard and sounds awesome but not mental.

I'm looking for £8250 ono and it is worth it. I'm selling as I don't use it enough and I have knee problems, so an auto or selespeed might be good to replace it! Might consider a p/x, depends on what happens with my knee tbh, especially something more track orientated, such as an Integra Type R. I'm in W London, but work sometimes in Farnborough (Hants) and Leicester/Nottingham, so am happy to bring the car for you to view.

Before anyone starts a debate on prices, please come and see it first. Better still, go and see any others first, then come and see mine, I'm confident you won't find better for the money. Think of it as a £20K saving over a Clio V6 ;)

Let me know if I've forgotten anything. This sale has hit me out of the blue, as I fully intended to keep the car for many years. PM on here with a mobile number or email address please.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great colour, never seen one like that before
Cheers, it is a great colour, can look black, blue, even a bluey green, all with a hint of sparkly silver underneath, depending on the light. The photos really don't do it justice.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I haven't posted in here for years but I am sure this is the example I missed out on was it for sale in Scotland/Edinburgh? I was gutted to miss this if it was and ended up buying a shed. I now run around at weekends in an S2000 and I couldn't recommend V-TEC more it's a lot of fun! Sorry you have to sell!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't posted in here for years but I am sure this is the example I missed out on was it for sale in Scotland/Edinburgh? I was gutted to miss this if it was and ended up buying a shed. I now run around at weekends in an S2000 and I couldn't recommend V-TEC more it's a lot of fun! Sorry you have to sell!
Hi Sam,
I bought this from Gloucester, don't think it has ever been in Scotland though. VTECs are impressive, aren't they? Like a car with two personalities.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I owned this one from 2007-2010. It never missed a beat and I had some great road trips round Europe in it. Perfect car for continental roads. Exchanged it for a Brera S and regretted it within a week. Still looks gorgeous. Good luck with the sale.
Dave

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Provisionally sold, just awaiting collection. I'm sure Jake will be on here to introduce himself before too long!
Tbh I think I underpriced it a bit, as I could've sold it 3 times over.
Still need something to a scratch my Alfa itch, pref modified for track but usable on the road.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Provisionally sold, just awaiting collection. I'm sure Jake will be on here to introduce himself before too long!
Tbh I think I underpriced it a bit, as I could've sold it 3 times over.
Still need something to a scratch my Alfa itch, pref modified for track but usable on the road.
I would have added a few extra poonds for the fact that VBHs bum had previously graced the driver's seat :biglaugh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts