Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i wasn't able to get my hands on any Selenia oil, my dad has Mobil 1 "new life" 0w 40. Will this be fine for the QV ? it has about 7000km til its next service is due, then they can put in Selenia again.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Why not get Selenia from Chatz?
They dont have. They serviced my car two weeks ago and used Castrol :mad: I took it up with them and they said they have not been able to get any Selenia from the factory. They have since complained to Fiat SA about it and siad they would replace it for me with the correct oil once they get stock again.

Edit - just saw PB's post on the mito thread.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
3.2 doesnt need anything special, normal 5w40 fully synthetic does the job, no turbo or funny electronics.

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
thats why i watched when they serviced my punto. made sure there was Selinia

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
WaziBoy I still maintain, use the Mobil but get a 5w40 as required. Then at 7000km just flush and get new Selenia.

I still think with the 1750's it was more a case of longevity as opposed to poor grade oils.

·
Registered
49 Posts
For what its worth I have moved to LiquiMoly synthetics for both the GT and the 147. Some of their products are proper synthetics and not hydrocracked oils.

They seem to have a really good reputation on other forums and 10W60 is available for the GT

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
For what its worth I have moved to LiquiMoly synthetics for both the GT and the 147. Some of their products are proper synthetics and not hydrocracked oils.

They seem to have a really good reputation on other forums and 10W60 is available for the GT
Yep I've been running them in my GT now for a while. Still using Edge in the 156

Its the LiquiMoly Racetec GT1 10w60 you want. And i have their GL4+ oil in the box.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Now THAT is a proper website.

I've never understood why virtually no manufacturer websites simply list all the places that they supply with their products.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Who sells LiquiMoly? I'm also going to need some oil for the Busso soon.
I went to Volkspares in Boksburg this morning to get some proper silicone pipe for the return feed to the water reservoir, as I had a slow drip. (After my intrepid spares parts salesman tried to sell me fuel hose....)

They sell LiquiMoly oil, as well as Maguire car care products.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts