Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys what radiator cap for the 80s gtv6 is required...i see that the 2 litre is 7 pounds....would this be that same for the v6 ? mine is knackered.

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,368 Posts
I'd be interested in the answer to this one. I've looked at this before and never managed to come to a definitive answer.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
13 lbs seems to be the correct one for the GTV6. Technically it is rated at 12.8-15.64 psi or 88.3-107.9 kPa
The plastic header tanks (expansion tanks) were notoriously weak, some guys "over-the-pond" have replaced these with an alloy version, especially for racing purposes:)

GTV6 expansion tank
thanks spider for teh info..yes the expansion tank on mine is a bit cracked looking also..i read somewhere of people replacing them with ford ones, though i probably wont do that tbh...although i do think that its the ugliest part of the engine bay by far.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
this is the alloy tank available in the states - might be a tad too modern for some peoples tastes, dunno! Although this owner put a 0.7 cap (Bar obviously) on his (about 10lbs) and hasn't had any problems-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts