Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to buy some coolant for my Giulietta Veloce 2.0 JTDM-2 .
Between these 2 which one am i supposed to use?

Anti Freeze. Paraflu 11 Anti freeze (blue)
or...
Anti freeze. Paraflu UP anti freeze (red)

·
Registered
7,385 Posts
Paraflu UP. There ought to be a sticker under the bonnet indicating this and it is in the owner manual, page 241.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I would check the colour of the stuff already in there.
What he said, you can't mix the different colours, I think you'll find it's the red stuff, even the wife's new 500 is on it. I tried to buy some from the local Fiat garage and they have never seen a bottle of Paraflu, I can't remember what they tried to sell me, but it was red so I think there are other makes available that are compatible. I get mine from shop4parts in Bradford.

·
Registered
39,279 Posts
Mine has been running on Triple QX red stuff ever since the EGR cooler cover cracked just over 3 years ago.

But if changing the coolant type you need to do a proper flush.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I went to the Alfa dealer to check what they would come up with, and they indeed also advised me the red Paraflu (it turns a bit more towards pink when making it 50/50 with water), which was the same as my car already had. Indeed heard multiple times that different colours cannot be mixed together.

·
Registered
39,279 Posts
The red stuff is OAT coolant. As long as you top up with the same time in the correct ratio it will be fine whichever brand you use.

There is nothing special about Paraflu.

·
Registered
2010 Giulietta 2.0 JTDm2
1,030 Posts
Agree - red OAT only and don’t mix the colours as it turns to gel and blocks the heater and other fine waterways. Doesn’t matter who made the coolant though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts