Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi People.

I am just about to buy a new battery for my GTV as the one that is on there has died.

Which is the correct one? The one on there is a 067, however when I search battery sites I often get 027, 075, and 096 come up.

What should the car have originally?

Cheers. :thumbs:

R

·
0 Posts
Symon,

I can't remember the size but I just got a tape measure on the old one and then got one the same size and layout with the highest CCA I could find. Glad I did with this weather, a weak alternator (or less than perfect connector somewhere) and only starting every week or so.

Edit: No I didn't, that was another car! I got one on line. One of those sites where you select your car and it will give you some recommended batteries. I remember it was cheaper than getting one from town and easier for me.

·
Registered
38,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers mate.

I think I will just go for another 067 if the shop has one. I have been sold duff batteries in the past and if I get another at least I can take it back.

I did measure the battery and there are several types that are the same physical size.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
38,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers Markos :thumbs:

I have a remote for the alarm so that is one less thing to worry about and it doesn't look to hard to change..

I am planning on selling the car soon so I won't be buying the most expensive battery either.

The one that has just died is an Exide and it is 3 years old almost to the day.

I think 3 years is a poor life for a battery TBH.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts