Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, here's a nice little run out that incorporates one of Top Gears top Uk driving routes.

St Ives - Lands ends - Penzance

St Ives - Lands Ends - Penzance

Start point will be:

The Croft pub, Penbeagle Lane, St. Ives, Cornwall, TR26 2EY

Start off at approx 12pm, drive down to Lands end for a photo opportunity and then head off to Marazion, just the other side of Penzance where we will hopefully be able to grab some more pics

Total journey is about 35-40 miles and should take about 2 hours i would imagine, this could of course depend on the traffic we encounter

The last time we had a run like this was In April and it was a great day with some awesome driving roads and some great company, lets see if we can make this one as good

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we have a fortnight on Saturday before the run takes place, watch this space as i will be posting the start position shortly.....

According to the weathermen August is supposed to be a hot month as well, might be the time to get the sunroofs open and the roofs down :thumbs:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking at the weather we could have a good run tomorrow :thumbs:

See you all there at 12:00

·
Registered
627 Posts
I've just been out trying to wash my car in the twilight, so it'll probably be striped with dirt tomorrow :eek:

Still not sure I can be there for 12 on the dot but I'll do my best. Jay - could you PM me your mobile number or something in case I need to catch up with you?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've just been out trying to wash my car in the twilight, so it'll probably be striped with dirt tomorrow :eek:

Still not sure I can be there for 12 on the dot but I'll do my best. Jay - could you PM me your mobile number or something in case I need to catch up with you?
Hiya PP,

Dont worry we never leave on time ;)

I have Pm'd my number to you :thumbs:

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
Hope you guys have a good run today :thumbs:

·
Registered
999 Posts
Thanks you to the monkey who was driving the GT today who nearly ended up on my Missy's lap as they decided to over take a bike on a blind hill/bend!!!!!
Thanks. :rolleyes:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Just got back from South Cornwall, many many thanks to everyone who came along....Kudos to Nitramthethird for travelling all the way down from Somerset

Despite the weather being awful on the way down, and even when we set off, it improved to the point where we actually had sunshine by the time we got to lands end :thumbs:

In the usual style of Cornwall runs i managed to get us into a situation where we had to nip through the carpark at lands end without paying :lol:

All the pics are in the images lounge

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/just-images-registered-only/183745-aosw-cornwall-run.html#post2821254

·
Registered
135 Posts
Just wanted to say great meet today some fantasic roads pity about the weather but can't have it all nice to meet some new peeps. just as well i don't mind bit of driving. :) 12 hours today woohoo.:cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts