Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know much about these tyre makers? I know Cooper is American and Avon is British, but owned by Cooper.
Am thinking of getting winter tyres, and this local here can get these for decent prices, so just wanted some advice.
good 30% cheaper than Pirelli, Contis, Mich etc.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Isn't Sao Tome and Principe on the Equator? What do you need winter tyres there for?

I hear good reports about the Avon Ice-Touring. Avon are a small producer and I have a lot of time for them. I use Nokian WR G2s on mine in winter and can report they are great.

Nokian WR G2

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Isn't Sao Tome and Principe on the Equator? What do you need winter tyres there for?

I hear good reports about the Avon Ice-Touring. Avon are a small producer and I have a lot of time for them. I use Nokian WR G2s on mine in winter and can report they are great.

Nokian WR G2
Equatorial winters are tough man...the white stuff just keeps falling...;)

I use cooper winer tyres on my GT. They seem excellent to me.
I'm likely to go for them, as they sound like they could be good...the tyre guy here says he's never had any customer complaints, but admittedly, not that many winter rubbers sold over the last few years despite the obvious recent harshness.
Just need to figure out which way, Cooper or Avon, as there's virtually nothing in the price.
I've heard of nokians, but can't find prices to match or beat these ones.
any offers of further advice much appreciated. :thumbs:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm hopefully a long time away from replacing tyres on our GT but when the time comes I will be looking at the Avon options.
I have had Avon's on my bike (Aprilia Falco) over the past few years and really like them. Avon seems to have a bit of a "cult following" among bikers. Most bikers tend to stick to the bigger brands, however the folks I have spoken to that have tried Avon, rarely go back to Bridgestone/Metzler/Dunlop etc.
It's not much help for you but I would seriously consider trying them out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts