Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never had this before but car beautifully polished Last weekend and low and behold stopped at some lights last night and a pack (I think that is the right phrase) of schoolboys walked passed on the pavement, stopped, looked at my car... Cooooor watsat? And to my smile another answered his mate that my car was a 'hot' Alfa Romeo.

Surprising given most have no knowledge of what a GTA is. Very chuffed. Future Alfisti clearly.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Most kids these days don't even know what an Alfa Romeo is! Let alone a GTA. My car is at the highest level of cool at my kids school as they all think it is an offical "GTA" car (that is the computer game GTA).

I don't bother to explain anymore and just go along with it.

Reactions: goremohekan

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Hahah, Alfa Romeo 156 Grand Theft Auto!

It would have been an Alfa Romeo GFA then, surely? Grande Furto Auto.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
It's interesting how cars and school kids go...

My 15 year old son has been receiving a number of comments recently...all very positive, over the last few weeks, he has been picked up in :

- My 156 GTA (and that appears to attract certain boys and comments)
- My Wife's Land Rover Discovery Sport - with drug dealer black pack (different boys and a few girls!)

And then I've been using my mother in law's Mito 1.4 TB Veloce - a few general comments there

I had my sisters Abarth 595 with Monza exhaust and not had a chance to pick him up using that - although I got shouts of approval from two guys walking past as I started it up on Saturday

When we had our VW - not one comment!

Interestingly - my daughter and her friends / parents absolutely do not comment at all !

I would so dearly love to get a 595....it does attract lots of admiring glances and leaves me with such a grin on my face...but the wife will not let me get a third car, when we only really use one (and that is her car), as the GTA is a keeper.....until I get to test drive the Guilia, that might just make me change my mind!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts