Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am referring to the steel T-shaped coupling that fits into the heater pipe and that connects the cooling system to a smaller breather pipe running to the water reservoir. This T-piece was originally manufactured from galvanised iron. Mine has long rusted through. Where can a replacement part be found? (I have in the meantime made up a connection with nylon fittings what would be more at home in my garden. But although it has served me well, it does not look right in the engine bay.) (1985 Alfa 33)

G

·
i could also do with one myself. thought about making one, might try my local radiator place to see if they can come up with anything. :confused:
but then again, i've a feeling i already asked them a few years back :lol:

·
Registered
59 Posts
TIP - I have had made stainless steel ones and it will never rust again, plus they look sweet :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes BigAl33. That's the one. I have sent a request to alfa-restoration.co.uk to enquire whether they have the part available, despite them not listing this part on their website. Any other mail order places that may stock this part?

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Those parts look nice. I had the white plastic union and it cracked due to age. I fabricated a replacement out of central heating bits, soldered together. A 15mm equal tee and a microbore 15mm to 8mm reducer on one branch. Its holding up well, but clearly won't win any concours awards :p

G

·
Mines fairly rusty as well. I thought I found one in plastic at work on some pipe work we was binning. I took all the pipes off then realised the piece that tees off was smaller on the bore!

G

·
Heres a tip for you

Vinegar!:thumbs:

I had mine soaking for about four days in it. Came up a treat. So I've just given it a coat of lacquer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts