Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,my 99’twinspark ph2’ fan isn’t coming on.I tried MES.The slow speed fan isn’t coming on but the fast fan is using MES,but not when the engine is warm.could it be the slow speed resistor?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Repair instructions Vol 3 part 2 page 671. Without turning on the ignition switch, remove the white cable from the resistor, then attach ground (-12V) in this place, if the resistor is good, the fan will rotate at low speed. If not, remove the brown cable from the resistor and connect it to the ground. The fan should spin at high speed.https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3aMth6iBMywMWIxNjVmNzktZGI4MS00N2M3LTliYzItNzBlMjI5MzFjYTU3

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Repair instructions Vol 3 part 2 page 671. Without turning on the ignition switch, remove the white cable from the resistor, then attach ground (-12V) in this place, if the resistor is good, the fan will rotate at low speed. If not, remove the brown cable from the resistor and connect it to the ground. The fan should spin at high speed.https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3aMth6iBMywMWIxNjVmNzktZGI4MS00N2M3LTliYzItNzBlMjI5MzFjYTU3
Thanks for the reply,I will give this ago later this evening?
I think the relays are good,when I’m activating the fan with MES I can hear the relays click.it clicks for the slow speed but the fan won’t turn.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please correct me if I’m wrong.connecting the white wire to ground no low speed,then connecting the brown wire to ground and fan comes on high speed.the resistor is bad?

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
Depends on how you did the test.
Do you unplug the white wire from the resistor and connect the resistor pad to ground and no low speed then the resistor is broken

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I connected the white wire to ground and I got no fan.i the connected the brown wire to ground I got the high speed fan come on.Do you mean connect the resistor to ground?

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
Yes, connected the resistor pad, where the white wire were connected, to ground.
No low speed in this case and the resistor is broken.

·
Registered
101 Posts
No I connected the white wire to ground and I got no fan.i the connected the brown wire to ground I got the high speed fan come on.Do you mean connect the resistor to ground?
Connect the ground to the resistor in the place where the white cable was before. You don't connect anything to white.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts