Alfa Romeo Forum banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
I think you’ll be fine. That said I would chase up the guys that skimmed the head and get them to confirm just to give you some comeback if needed further down the track.
visited the engineering shop today who have told me head it’s fine and the area of my concern is just outside the sealing area. They offered to skim it again but did warn me that could affect compression and would not be ideal. Just a little annoying that they didn’t get it right the first time, but the situation could have been worse.

I’m going through elearn and preparing everythingfor the weekend and I’m looking at the head bolt specs, I’ve attached a screenshot and dont understand what it means by 2.7 divided 3.3? Why have the divide sign? I know they’re tightening torques by Nm, but the divide sign is throwing me. Any ideas gents ?

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
visited the engineering shop today who have told me head it’s fine and the area of my concern is just outside the sealing area. They offered to skim it again but did warn me that could affect compression and would not be ideal. Just a little annoying that they didn’t get it right the first time, but the situation could have been worse.

I’m going through elearn and preparing everythingfor the weekend and I’m looking at the head bolt specs, I’ve attached a screenshot and dont understand what it means by 2.7 divided 3.3? Why have the divide sign? I know they’re tightening torques by Nm, but the divide sign is throwing me. Any ideas gents ?
Same with the the camshaft caps torque too. How do you differentiate between the front, rear and intermediate caps? Sorry if that sounds stupid, and again you see the values being divided!

photo attached, would appreciate some guidance on this if possible.

Attachments

·
Registered
Giuilietta veloce 1.4 multiair & Merc C180 coupe
528 Posts

I don’t know why they have that symbol for the caps other than a typo, I think it’s saying you should be between those values as the 3.2 cam cap has a single value. If I remember correctly the previous image of the head torque didn’t have that. So it looks like they are upper and lower parameters then use your torque angle gauge.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
I don’t know why they have that symbol for the caps other than a typo, I think it’s saying you should be between those values as the 3.2 cam cap has a single value. If I remember correctly the previous image of the head torque didn’t have that. So it looks like they are upper and lower parameters then use your torque angle gauge.
Yeah I’ll double check and investigate further. But what does it mean by front and intermediate and rear caps? I just have 5 caps that hold the exhaust cam and another 5 that hold the inlet cam.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
I would say Front of engine, chain end. Middle of engine and rear of engine, flywheel end
I'm sorry Tickets, I dont get it. All the caps are the same, so why wouldn't the torques be the same? the mention of front, intermediate and end caps is confusing me. Sorry for the ignorance and stupid question, which ones would you say are front caps, intermediate caps and end caps. When you mentioned front ones would be the chain end, does that mean just one cap or the first two caps. Elearn unfortunately doesn't label this. Are you able to mark up the image Ive attached?

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
I will be tonight. All the caps are numbered and will be put back where they were taken off from. Elearn suggest that you apply Ms02 paste (grey) to the sliders. I have purchased the following from eBay and it should arrive today.

You're going to tell me that engine oil would suffice ? :)

·
Registered
Giuilietta veloce 1.4 multiair & Merc C180 coupe
528 Posts
I will be tonight. All the caps are numbered and will be put back where they were taken off from. Elearn suggest that you apply Ms02 paste (grey) to the sliders. I have purchased the following from eBay and it should arrive today.

You're going to tell me that engine oil would suffice ? :)
Engine oil used to be fine, in more recent years assembly paste is a must. Not really sure what changed other than the viscosity of the oils we use these days. 😀

61 - 72 of 72 Posts