Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people, last time while I was doing interim service mechanic told me that my coolant level is low, which was evident on the bottle in front of the engine bay. How many liters of coolant do I need and what is the ratio of antifreeze and distilled water? Thanks

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Depending on your climate you might need a different ratio of coolant to water. It should be in the owners manual or on the container of coolant you buy.

It's good to buy the same type as what is already in the car, as mixing some coolants can result in compatibility issues. If unsure you might have to do a full flush/drain and refill, which can be a bit of hassle. You will probably be safe with topping up with coolant of the same colour, although colour is not always indicative of it's type. Or just distilled water for the time being (if temperatures do not go below freezing where you live) and then you can monitor the coolant levels for a short period of time.

If you keep losing coolant then you have a leak and it's best to get them fixed sooner rather than later. When it gets fixed then you can have a complete drain and refill of the whole system by the mechanic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts