Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My radiator hose cracked few weeks ago and the parts has finally arrived this week. I replaced both top and bottom hoses between the engine and radiator. Also took the chance to use a hose from tap to push all the old coolant from the radiator. I also connected the top hose from the reservior to a bucket, then continued to push the old coolant with the engine running and fresh water filling into reservior until the water in bucket turns clear. The old coolant was Blue Prarflu by the way

Just thought it is time to fill the fresh Paraflu that I bought from dealer. I realised the Paraflu is Pink colour when I mix it with the distilled water that I prepared :eek:. I remember people saying do not mix the Pink and Blue Paraflu.

1/. Am I safe to use the Pink Paraflu since I pretty much flushed everything bit of old blue paraflu out?

2/. Will it be still residue in the system?

3/. Should I go back to dealer to exchange back to Blue Paraflu? (Well I have mixed 1L so it's wasted :()

·
Registered
30,241 Posts
It will be fine.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Your car will explode in a huge fireball :evilgrin:

N

·
0 Posts
The pink is not ideal for an engine with wet liners. But it seems that Alfa switched from blue to pink anyway at some point. The selenia website still recommends blue for the V6.
As long as you flush the system a few times with water andget rid of the old paraflu you won'thave any problems. It is the mixing of the 2 that can cause horrible things.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought the Loctite Radiator Cleaner yesterday and followed the instruction to flush it. Then I worry it will have the content residue in it so I flushed 2 x 9L of fresh water afterward. The drain from the engine is almost as clear as water. I think I should be safe to put the Pink Paraflu in tonight.

p.s. I also took the chance to replace the old gunky reservior tank.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts