Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changing my thermostat today and the plastic coolant bleed screw in front of the engine snapped off like it was made of chocolate.

Questions as follows:

1 - how do I get out what's left without dropping bits in to the system that could cause problems or should I not worry too much and just flush through with a hose? Will this area flush through from the header tank if the engine is cold?

2 - can anyone tell me thread size to get a replacement?

Thanks folks

Also had the throttle body off and have some pics of the inlet manifold I will post up. It is absolutely caked! Will have to come off in the near future if I want it to run right.

·
Registered
136 Posts
If there is still enough plastic left in the hole you may be able make a slot for a flat blade screwdriver then screw it out. As for the replacement search for 'Give away'

Tracer

·
Registered
896 Posts
I think you can buy metal ones frm Alfaas the 156 uses metal one,s. TThere was a young lady on here giving them away . check out old post.
Maybe leave it in place and secure with a jubilee clip and aradite epoxy 2 pack glue. Or that putty 2 pack that repairs cracks in central heating pipes.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I will post a picture tomorrow, but I had the same problem 2 years ago when away from home and I put a self tapping screw in the plastic hole to get home and it has never leaked again. Its still in there.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'll have you know that I'm not a young lady, so far I have given away between 30 to 40.

Ben yours will be sent tomorrow.

Regards

Tracer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts