Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't get the cool box in the arm rest. I have tried turning the knob either way and notice no difference. What way should I turn it for cool air? Is air even supposed to come out?

·
Registered
779 Posts
It will blow marginally cool air when the aircon is on 'Full Auto' on mine whether the knob is on 1 or 0.
AFAIK the 0 is supposed to be off and the 1 is on but, as reported by a few owners the knobs (I don't mean ARUK :lol:) don't seem to work properly and they move but the vent either 'sticks' open or closed.
You can 'boost' the airflow when it is on by closing the rear passenger vent.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I had the same anxieties about the arm rest in my Spider so I spoke with the garage at the next due service and was told that "it was working well". I can feel no air, I don't know which way to turn the knob and it doesn't seem to get very cool. I queried this again and was told that "if you put a cold drinks can in there it will stay cold but you can't cool a warm can down".

Sounds to me like it is just well insulated rather than giving any cooling effect - if anyone has an answer, I too will be pleased to hear it!

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
They will actually keep things cool-ish if you look closely you can see which is the open position.

On a warm day opening it will reveal it to be cool inside - if indeed the vent is open!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
roll your knob to the left for on and to the right for off (can't believe I am doing knob jokes at 10am , OK actually I can :lol:)
I'll check my knob tomorrow when I finally get the car back, then to the cool box... :) Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
518 Posts
My box only works when aircon is on full wack! Even then, as mentioned previously on this post, its suitable only to keep something cool as opposed to chilling something that was previously warm.

U

·
0 Posts
My box only works when aircon is on full wack! Even then, as mentioned previously on this post, its suitable only to keep something cool as opposed to chilling something that was previously warm.
Perhaps you have a pipe come loose?
Mine will certainly chill melted chocolate back to eatable consistency :lol:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Don't make the mistake I made (last winter). I put a nice cold can in there and put the heating on (not getting that it was dependant on the AC). By the time I wanted my can it was quite warm and minging!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts