Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi people me, tess and mitogirl are starting a convy from strensham services at 1 pm meet on the saturday the 4th july , planning a few stops along the way. we are also thinking of meeting up for dinner and a few beers once we get there and have selted into our different hotels. anyone that wants to join us just put up a post and let us know :thumbs:

ps here is a link to the services its j8 off the m5 north bound so just after the m50

Strensham Services at Motorway Services Info

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
i'll be there..yay cant wait :cheese:

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
yeah will be in it too :D

J

·
0 Posts
hi people me, tess and mitogirl are starting a convy from strensham services at 1 pm meet on the saturday the 4th july , planning a few stops along the way. we are also thinking of meeting up for dinner and a few beers once we get there and have selted into our different hotels. anyone that wants to joint us just put up a post and let us know :thumbs:

ps here is a link to the services its j8 off the m5 north bound so just after the m50

Strensham Services at Motorway Services Info
Good call John :thumbs:

I am still to get something sorted for accomdation but i would imagine i will be joining you guys on the M5,

As a slight thread divert, if anyone is travelling up from the west country and wants to meet up please let me know :)

Also keep an eye out for a thread from Happy Man regarding convoys to NAD slightly closer to the time :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
i done a edit and put your name in too as it was yours and tess idea :thumbs:
aw thanks John, think between the 3 of us we got a plan together :lol:

J

·
0 Posts
i've got myself and my family a place to stay for the night, just down the road from Ripon :thumbs:

John was talking about getting together on the evening for a bit to eat, so whose up for it and do you know where you will be staying, i'll try and get some suggestions that are as central as possible

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
I'll meet ya on the way, you going m5 & m6?

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
aaa route planner is saying Leave the M5 at junction 4a, then join the M42 motorway then Keep in right hand lane, then join the M1 motorway i will lokk at my sat nav but aa route planner says thats the fastest route doe this help you at all ? i will see what way my sat nav says as soon as i get some power into the battery :)

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if tess and mitogirl dont mind as i seem to be taking over there great idea!!!!! and i dont want to unset anyone. i could set up a few meets at defferent service stations along the way once i have worked out a route as in see if the sat nav says go the same route as the aa route planner but the journey may take a little longer so would need a go ahead from tess and mitogirl before i plan out a route and stops and ruff times and so on :)

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
hey john...u carry on plannin hun...im happy with that..i havnt got the time to do it at the mo and seein as guys are better at directions:rolleyes:please feel free:lol:

we will follow you, i dont mind how long it takes just as long as the babe can keep up with all ur bigger engines:lol:

in fact im glad ur sortin it as i will defo get lost :cheese:

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
if tess and mitogirl dont mind as i seem to be taking over there great idea!!!!! and i dont want to unset anyone. i could set up a few meets at defferent service stations along the way once i have worked out a route as in see if the sat nav says go the same route as the aa route planner but the journey may take a little longer so would need a go ahead from tess and mitogirl before i plan out a route and stops and ruff times and so on :)
Go for it John, you're doin a great job :thumbs: :) Prob best if we leave it to 1 person to plan, could get confusing with too much input :confused: :cheese:

Think Tess is right it seems to be a blokey type thing :D

·
Registered
485 Posts
Okies John, can you programme me in somewhere. :)
I'll be travelling up from Cheltenham J11 so anywhere north will be dandy. ie Strensham.
Cheers.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
job done i could meet you in chelt if you like ? then we can carry on to strensham for 1

so far whos coming on our convy then
me
tess
mitogirl
daveypark
jayw

correct me if i am wrong but thats the list so far will be well cool, only just over a week to go !!:)

1 - 20 of 139 Posts