Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's that time of year again, we're all off to north Wales to hoon about like a 17 year old in a pimped out corsa :D well not quite as we won't be driving round town centres :lol:

Anyway I digress, as per last year we had our selves a fine little mini convoy from Telford up to the main meeting point in Chester. Following the same route as last year less the farm track :eek: and other errr... diversions, so it'll be A442 to Whitchurch, A41 to Chester.

It took just over an hour last time so if we meet up at 8:30am it should give us plenty of time to get to Chester for 10:00

As everyone managed to find it with relative ease last time lets use the Apley arms again. (off the Shawbirch island (the shell island) see map below. As a word of warning keep to the right and take it slowly on the entrance to the petrol station / pub car park as it's got a few potholes on the left. The post code for the pub is TF1 3QA

The good news is I'm not leading the convoy. I'm pretty sure Ann's keen on leading us this year :p but if anyone wants to challenge her she may let you take point.

Reply to this thread if you want to tag along, anyone's welcome, but if we don't know you're coming with us we won't know to wait for you. :)

Attachments

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'd be up for this, might be in the Alfa though as i'm not sure whether the tyres on the "other" car will survive 350miles hooning round North Wales after the 400miles blatting around mid Wales this weekend i've just done :) Also want to get the wheels refurbed.

Maybe good to blend into the background and ruin the company car tyres :lol:

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
I'm going up the night before to enjoy a quite night in the hotel bar :p

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd be up for this, might be in the Alfa though as i'm not sure whether the tyres on the "other" car will survive 350miles hooning round North Wales after the 400miles blatting around mid Wales this weekend i've just done :) Also want to get the wheels refurbed.

Maybe good to blend into the background and ruin the company car tyres :lol:
:cool:

Ill see you there at 8:30 'ish' :thumbs:
Nice one :thumbs:

I'm going up the night before to enjoy a quite night in the hotel bar :p
A quiet night :lol:

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I suppose if I'm leading then you can all pretend I'm just conveniently going the way you wanted to go seeing as I'll probably still be in Noddy-Jap-Chav-Car.... Unless John pulls his finger out this week.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I suppose if I'm leading then you can all pretend I'm just conveniently going the way you wanted to go seeing as I'll probably still be in Noddy-Jap-Chav-Car.... Unless John pulls his finger out this week.
Think of the fuel saving :rolleyes: I'm disappointed to still be going in my shed rather than a shiny new car :(

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
arrrr up for this

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
I'm going to have to retract my last post :(

Need to get an oil cooler so can't afford to come :( cry

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Need to get an oil cooler so can't afford to come :( cry
That's a bummer Tom, is the current one leaking or is it a required mod ? ;)

I frantically trying to get a strategic presentation completed before the weekend, if I don't then I could also be a no show :(

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Yeah leaking :( from the top so might have been a stone or just the usual wear and tear.

Pipes look in fairly good condition.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
At least you spotted it in time and before any terminal damage could be caused.

Cars eh?

Hope you get it sorted without any hassle.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
thanks :thumbs: ill have to leave home about 5:45- 6 ish then, 2.5 hours drive there. Sat nav's already & camera's charging so see you all tomorow :thumbs:

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:cool: see you tomorrow LJ hope to see you there John :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts