Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Convince me into getting a GTV V6, I have just been offered one for £2500 in perfect condition, now persuade me people!!!!

·
Registered
535 Posts
post some pics of the V6 if you can and give some background info on it....

If its a "perfect" one then for 2.5K go for it. Its a superb car and thats a superb price.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

If its a "perfect" one then for 2.5K go for it. Its a superb car and thats a superb price.
Its a P1 3.0V6, one of the last of the P1s. It has the P2 interior and P2 alloys, the cambelt is in the process of being changed as with the water pump, it has the Q2 diff already fitted. Its just had new front and rear wishbones replaced and is getting powerflex bushes all round.

Its also just hit 90,000 miles :):)

Its a R plate also so don't have to pay the extra in tax!!!

·
Registered
Alfa Giulietta MA 170 Exclusive
1,480 Posts
Convince me into getting a GTV V6, I have just been offered one for £2500 in perfect condition, now persuade me people!!!!
You going to the next ace meeting? Ill take you for a ride in mine

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Its a P1 3.0V6, one of the last of the P1s. It has the P2 interior and P2 alloys, the cambelt is in the process of being changed as with the water pump, it has the Q2 diff already fitted. Its just had new front and rear wishbones replaced and is getting powerflex bushes all round.

Its also just hit 90,000 miles :):)

Its a R plate also so don't have to pay the extra in tax!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Jay, I don't know if I can make it, my car has been dianosed with a needing a new water pump, a new thermostat. To get the water pump fitted means i'll need a new cambelt change as well. Im supposed to be having it fitted though on Thursday!!!

·
Banned
1,840 Posts
Hey Jay, I don't know if I can make it, my car has been dianosed with a needing a new water pump, a new thermostat. To get the water pump fitted means i'll need a new cambelt change as well. Im supposed to be having it fitted though on Thursday!!!
Get the GTV then; dilemma solved! :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The reasons for getting a GTV are Threefold:

One: Super sexy styling
Two: The V6 noise
Three: Admiring looks by nearly every female on the planet (although its got me nowhere so far!!)

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Just drive it, that's all the convincing you'll need :)

·
Registered
435 Posts
220 horses under your right foot, anyone?

You've been in my car. What you might have thought was full beans was only about 2/3rds of the tap :)

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
But you have just spent all that money on your 147 and the money that your going to spend getting your water pump, thermostat and cambelt :confused:

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,788 Posts
scott, think back to october 7th when you took simons GTV around the evo triangle ;)
convinced? if not, remember hearing my exhaust in the fuel station.

if your still not convinced, just look at it. beautiful car

·
Registered
14,575 Posts

·
Registered
14,575 Posts

·
Banned
1,840 Posts
scott, think back to october 7th when you took simons GTV around the evo triangle ;)
convinced? if not, remember hearing my exhaust in the fuel station.

if your still not convinced, just look at it. beautiful car
I think he's more concerned that he'll have an identity crisis if he gets a GTV :D

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.