Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah I know, most people would think of this as digging out your own kneecap with your teeth.
But I love hopping around on one leg, ok ?

Has anyone ever done it ?

·
Registered
30,221 Posts
Far more complicated that converting a Selespeed to a Manual (which has been done).

It would be doable, but you'd need a huge number of bits from a Selespeed.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I was thinking it would be easier to get a Selespeed car and moving all the bits over.
I mean there is the actuator assembly (with accumulator), the pump, the wiring loom, the ECU, the rev counter, the internal gear lever and the steering wheel...

But are the cars from 2002 prepared for the acceptance for the Selespeed ? (like holes in chassis/firewall etc. pre-drilled)

·
Registered
30,221 Posts
Yes, I was thinking it would be easier to get a Selespeed car and moving all the bits over.
I mean there is the actuator assembly (with accumulator), the pump, the wiring loom, the ECU, the rev counter, the internal gear lever and the steering wheel...

But are the cars from 2002 prepared for the acceptance for the Selespeed ? (like holes in chassis/firewall etc. pre-drilled)
Don't forget the gearbox.
Engine ECU as well as the gearbox ECU.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah yes! Good point :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
Best to get a Selespeed car and move all the bits into it.

The body shell should be the same, no problem. But there are other bits that you might not expect. For example the power steering piping are different between manual and Selespeed. Aircon piping might be different too, I don't remember. Of course, one can always 'hack' it. But it is just so much easier to get the front half of a Selespeed car and move everything over.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts