Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My 147 1,6 TS (2008) Connect Nav+ went off so I decided to buy the default-factory Alfa CD player until I find a solution with the Connect Nav+. I found the units on ebay for about 30£ and another 10-15£ for the cup and coin holders. So I would like to ask you the following:

- Do I have to buy extra parts such as internal plastic or metallic frames or other components?
- Will my car's current sockets fit the new unit or I have to use converters etc?
- Is there any colour/shape/functions difference between the CD Player of FL models (2006-2008) and the first generation model (2001-2005)?

Thanks

Kostas

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
You just need the cupholder/coin tray, all the plugs just fit, its a very simple job.

But the mileage will flash if a CN+ is replaced with standard 147 headunit. This is cos the bodycomputer was programmed at the factory for CN+ and if the std stereo is plugged in the bodycomputer will flash the mileage to show that there is an unauthorised node/ecu on the network.

Nothing else will be effected, so if its not gonna annoy you and youre not gonna sell it, I wouldnt worry. If it will annoy you or you intend to sell it, then fit an aftermarket stereo. This will not flash the mileage as it wont be connected to the CAN lines.

BTW, if you cut the CAN lines to the std stereo to try and stop the flashing your ll get "cancheck" on the display and you wont be able to use it at all. The only way round ths, if you want a std headunit, is to buy a facelift 156 stereo and swap the front with the 147/GT stereo. This will stop the mileage flashing and everything will work fine, but yourll loose the radio display in between the dials.

What do you mean by your CN+ "went off" ? ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You just need the cupholder/coin tray, all the plugs just fit, its a very simple job.

But the mileage will flash if a CN+ is replaced with standard 147 headunit. This is cos the bodycomputer was programmed at the factory for CN+ and if the std stereo is plugged in the bodycomputer will flash the mileage to show that there is an unauthorised node/ecu on the network.

Nothing else will be effected, so if its not gonna annoy you and youre not gonna sell it, I wouldnt worry. If it will annoy you or you intend to sell it, then fit an aftermarket stereo. This will not flash the mileage as it wont be connected to the CAN lines.

BTW, if you cut the CAN lines to the std stereo to try and stop the flashing your ll get "cancheck" on the display and you wont be able to use it at all. The only way round ths, if you want a std headunit, is to buy a facelift 156 stereo and swap the front with the 147/GT stereo. This will stop the mileage flashing and everything will work fine, but yourll loose the radio display in between the dials.

What do you mean by your CN+ "went off" ? ?
Thanks typos1 for the reply. By went off I mean that the CD is not working. It's the permanent problem I have but I found another solution instead of buying a standard headunit I bought the yatour interface which is functioning (well with minor bugs) so there is no need to buy another unit. I have also ordered a standalone gps system so I think I'm gonna live that way. I will also post a new thread for this yatour interface.

Btw you didn't reply to my last e-mail!

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Oh, soz, didnt realise it was you !

I m sure I did reply. Didnt you want to send the unit to me to have a look at ? I m happy for you to do that

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah for the money I think so, I had to make a bracket for it and use some black tac but it's in solid the Bluetooth is good the sat nav is really good the downside is the colour isn't quite spot on but it charges my phone plays DVDs reads my hard drive had to fit a aerial booster cos reception was poor but all works great now :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's a solid unit and it's not that different on the whole I'm pleased with it though it needed persistence to fit but the function is fantastic will do a vid next week when I'm off work (0;

1 - 13 of 13 Posts