Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys!

Originally i had 3 airbag errors, after fixing the wiring under my seat i am left with the 2 following errors:

01 - Control unit faulty
24 - Wiring not recognised

I've spend the whole evening googling but i cant find a solution..

My car is a 1998 Alfa Romeo 156 with a 2.0 TS.
Airbag module info:

Allied Signal Airbag (1F)
ECU ISO code A7 86 02 97 9B
FIAT drawing number 60656767
Software version 0.2
Hardware version 0.1
ECU programming date 29/11/1997

Some advice would be highly appreciated!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Have you cleaned the control modules contacts? This worked for me three years or so ago, and I’ve just had to do it again. Disconnect the battery, wait for the hold-up capacitors to discharge, I think a few minutes is more than enough but it’s best to play safe with the airbag system. Remove the trim panel just to the left of the clutch pedal – on a RHD car, the module is bolted to the tunnel top, identified by it’s yellow cables. Remove the connector(s) and squirt contact cleaner on both halves. Mate the connector(s) a few times, allow to dry and re-connect. It’s probably best to use a contact cleaner containing oil which will help to stop oxidation of the contacts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you cleaned the control modules contacts? This worked for me three years or so ago, and I’ve just had to do it again. Disconnect the battery, wait for the hold-up capacitors to discharge, I think a few minutes is more than enough but it’s best to play safe with the airbag system. Remove the trim panel just to the left of the clutch pedal – on a RHD car, the module is bolted to the tunnel top, identified by it’s yellow cables. Remove the connector(s) and squirt contact cleaner on both halves. Mate the connector(s) a few times, allow to dry and re-connect. It’s probably best to use a contact cleaner containing oil which will help to stop oxidation of the contacts.
I will give that a go, thank you.
Faulty control unit just makes me think the acu is broken, but i want to rule everything out first because theyre not that cheap...

·
Registered
329 Posts
I would suspect that you've made a mistake as the symptom only changed when you got involved.
Disconnect the battery and recheck your work under the seat.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I should have added: as well as the main connector(s), two on mine, one I think on yours, there is a separate earth connector on a single wire (on mine). Find and clean this too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts