Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In view of the fairly poor rear view visibility on the Guilietta has anyone experienced problems when driving on the Continent while overtaking or driving off from rest using mirrors and /or rear window observation?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
not tried, but suspect I would want to get a Euro mirror for the passenger side (check out the radius on the driver v passenger sides)

·
Registered
38,774 Posts
I do not see the issue as I used to drive a Lefthanddrive Lancia in this country for years . Now we always take the Multipla for driving to Italy as a hatchback car is a pain for long distance journeys.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I found it no more of an issue than I do here, they are fairly big pillars to look round no matter which side of the road you are on.

One thing is to make maximum use of your door mirrors. People tend to have a big chunk of mirror wasted, reflecting the side of the car at them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
We use a rhd giulietta over here in Brittany without any problems. No traffic, so overtaking not really an issue! I have driven lhd cars over in the uk and it was just as easy, just more traffic!!

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
You just need to hang back a bit more so you get a view of any oncoming traffic. On RH curves tuck in and look down the inside of the vehicle in front. That way you will know the road is clear sooner than someone in a LHD. Righthanders are more of a problem but ith less traffic on the roads I find that drivers of slower lorries etc are much more helpful and will give you an indication the road is clear.

Also watch your rear view & LH wing mirror for anything fast coming up behind, particularly on dual carriageways.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts