Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am Canadian and have Euro citizenship. I can import a Brera that is 15 years or older with next to no import restrictions. As a EU'er can I get insurance and drive the thing to some port? Like Hamburg which has direct links to Vancouver.
I doubt most will know the answer but hope someone has some knowledge.
Also I want to (once imported) end up with the car looking something like this:
IMG_8648.JPG

Can anyone give me directions to a web site that would sell the fender flairs (You may have a different name for those, maybe arches.)
Thanks for reading and your help.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Can anyone give me directions to a web site that would sell the fender flairs (You may have a different name for those, maybe arches.)
I hope you realize it's a rendered image, not a real car? Which means all these parts seen on your image are pretty much non-existent...

Regarding flairs - I haven't came across any wide-bodied Breras/159 (not that I was looking for any, to be honest), but I bet they are custom made only (by individual order). So if you have a tuner bodywork shop in your area - they would gladly take measurements and all your money, and manufacture parts you desire.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope you realize it's a rendered image, not a real car? Which means all these parts seen on your image are pretty much non-existent...
Well that news didn't make it any easier. LOL Figures I have always liked stuff that was unobtanium.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I am Canadian and have Euro citizenship. I can import a Brera that is 15 years or older with next to no import restrictions. As a EU'er can I get insurance and drive the thing to some port? Like Hamburg which has direct links to Vancouver.
I doubt most will know the answer but hope someone has some knowledge.
Also I want to (once imported) end up with the car looking something like this:

In germany there are temporary licence plates available with temporary insurance. I believe everyone can request those but it is little bit red-tape-y.
It would be much easier to get trader or dealer to arrange it for you, I got one at no extra cost when I bought my 159 at a German dealer (it was a trade in) for export.
Licence and insurance to the border. I had to make arrangements for once I crossed the border, but when you ship in germany it shouldn't be an issue.

do some reasearch for "kurzzeitkennzeichen" (short term licence plate).
There are a few types, one for a few days (export) is what you need. Longer ones (few months) or period ones (summer or wintertime only) are not really applicable for export purposes. Dealer plates are not available for normal citizens. (but maybe a dedicated export firm has them for you).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got one at no extra cost when I bought my 159 at a German dealer (it was a trade in) for export.
Licence and insurance to the border.
So when you found the car and contacted the dealer you just explained you wanted to export it and they knew what to do? Seems obvious but I just want to get a clear picture.
that is a German sale, I know of Mobile.de and have found cars on that site from Italy and even Holland (Germany of course) and some from Austria and Switzerland. I don't know of other sites. Any good ones are welcome.
Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts