Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My female dog is a *****.

I'm reading that Joan Collins novel called the ***** (not a biography on Mrs SR).

Mrs SR is a right ***** today.

My Spider has a heater ****.

A male hen is a ****.

David Cameron is a ****.

I have an uncle called Dick (Richard).

David Cameron is a Dick.

You get the idea:rolleyes:

How many other quite legitimate words when used in the right context are filtered out:confused:

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
It can be tough to deal with, there was a meet a while back at a pub called the c o c k and hen or summat similar - needless to say the first word was starred out...

·
Administrator
87,070 Posts

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not another swear filter testing thread :eek:

IBTL :evil:
That was not my intention although I noticed dick got through, it was merely to illustrate that context is everything.

22k:wow:

·
Administrator
23,044 Posts
That was not my intention although I noticed dick got through, it was merely to illustrate that context is everything.

22k:wow:
Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

It would be interesting if someone felt themselves capable of writing a definitive document which lists EVERY word used in ANY context or circumstance, taking into account all debatable nuances. I would love to see such.

Until such time we will - I am afraid - have bear the abhorrence of the occasional errant "dick".

·
Registered
37,652 Posts
I love these threads, they always bring out the best in Paul :lol:

There is a c ock inn in Wellington, down the road from us, so 'I'll pick you up by the c ock at 7' was always a favourite refrain :)

·
Administrator
23,044 Posts
Seriously though Squad (and I will assume that you are, serious) I (personally) would love it if we could all use the full spelling of words in context (yeah, yeah THAT word again).

Unfortunately we have amongst us those who will use the argument - "Well he/she said F*** - so why can't I?"

It is not possible to give a definitive answer - so we don't and rely on the filter.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got them all apart from this one, what is so rude about your spider?

Did you want to tell us that it has a k n o b for controlling the heat? :confused:
The heater k n o b s (;)) control an under-bonnet heater c o c k - fact. Not a swear word:(

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
I didn't know knob was on the swear filter.

That'll make a right mess in the tech lounge for folk asking how to replace a gear knob :lol:

I didn't think Knob was filtered :mad: :tut:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.