Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am very tempted by the Alfa giulia, I had a test drive and loved it and looks brilliant. I currently have a jaguar xf 3.0d v6 which is such a nice car but having two alfas before a mito and brera they seem more special. I am now torn between my Jaguar and Alfa. What are your opinions about changing? is build quality now caught up to the likes of BMW and Audi? Has anybody else done the same? Thanks.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
7,515 Posts
Oh please, if you are only going to buy a Giulia because of the (perceived) quality of a German car then you are buying for the wrong reasons.

Just go buy a Giulia and enjoy the exclusivity of a fabulous car before word gets around.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Best advice I can give is drive one some more !

Build quality overall is good and both AR centrally and ARUK are really focussed on making the customer experience a positive and premium feeling one.

You might have noticed that some of the cabin touch points are not quite of Audi quality but model for model they are more engaging. The XF is a good car, probably more fun than equivalent Audi/Merc/BMW and drives really well. I think you'll only know which you prefer if you can get a chance to live with one for a short while. If you contact ARUK direct and tell them you are Jag customer I reckon they might be able to help you with an extended drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
92 Posts
Like someone already said, you better test one. I did and I ended buying one.

AR is doing a very good job and results can be clearly seen. I previously posted about some bitter experiences with the dealership but my last visit (Friday 26/05) was a joy, not only my "local" Alfa dealer has a dedicated garage for Alfa (while before it was sharing the Fiat garage), but felt looked after, like it would have happened at a BMW dealer. They offered drinks (coffee and soft drinks), allowed me to the workshop to talk to a Alfa mechanic (a young bright guy who seems to know his stuff) and everyone was so nice and professional. It might not be a selling point for someone, but it is definitely showing some good effort from AUK.

Try the Giulia!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the fast replys. Think a test for a day or two would be best if Alfa let me. Sort of already made my mind up that its a good car and wouldn't be disappointed.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Personally hated the XF and thought it was really dull to drive compared to the alfa. It was better in every other technical way though ?. Refinement, quality, layout etc. Basically the alfa looked better and drove better, lost in every other way.

·
Banned
2,484 Posts
is build quality now caught up to the likes of BMW and Audi? Has anybody else done the same? Thanks.
in a word, in terms of all important safety, it has surpassed

hasnt been mentioned yet, but Alfa Giulia hold the newly set record for safety in a crash by Euro NCAP of 98% for adult occupant

Official Alfa Romeo Giulia 2016*safety rating

even the 159 had excellent armour as seen by this example of a 100kph shunt with a fast moving B double and a guard rail

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-147-156-andamp-gt/1078185-im-quite-sad-at-the-moment.html#post16095489

·
Registered
105 Posts
6k miles in and I can say this my favourite car of all I've owned which has included many VWs two Mercs and a BMW. You won't be disappointed. 2.0 petrol Super with only very few options ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
6k miles in and I can say this my favourite car of all I've owned which has included many VWs two Mercs and a BMW. You won't be disappointed. 2.0 petrol Super with only very few options ?
Same Here.

Speciale 2.2d 180bhp
Driver Assistance Pack
Audio System Upgrade
Convenience Pack
Climate Pack
Performance Pack

Most enjoyable and "special" car I have ever had.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Coming up to 1500 miles in mine and no issues no faults no rattles
Just a big smile every time I get in it
I was considering a c class but so glad I didn't, love the way the Giulia looks, drives and the exclusiveness of it
It's well put together, connects the driver to the car something I ve
not felt with my previous Golf And BMW coupe
I really loved my 159 ti but the Giulia is in a different league
Bought mine based on the reviews and not even sat in one, had only see one the road when I was in
Barcelona.
No regrets at all everything else seems bland in comparison
Hope you find one

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
7,515 Posts
There was no question of considering anything else, well if the Giulia did'nt come along when it did I would have been visiting an XE, but anyway, Giulia did arrive. No test drive, just ordered as soon as I could, 4500 miles later, no regrets whatsoever.

Reactions: nannini

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There was no question of considering anything else, well if the Giulia did'nt come along when it did I would have been visiting an XE, but anyway, Giulia did arrive. No test drive, just ordered as soon as I could, 4500 miles later, no regrets whatsoever.
Did you drive the xe? I was looking at them too but wasn't sure.

·
Registered
7,515 Posts
Did you drive the xe? I was looking at them too but wasn't sure.

No, although I would have if the Giulia was delayed by any length of time. The XE speced to my requirement was about £3k cheaper than a Giulia, but hey, its no Alfa Romeo.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm also considering a giulia and went to see one today. Blown away by the real thing. Looks much better in physical space than on the web. One thing I was very impressed by was the interior quality, which reviewers seem hung up on, but I've sat in an XE and a 3 series and it's as good as either, much better than the bland cabin in the XE. I looked at the veloce, which has really nice sports seats too. I was so surprised by how good it looks I can't understand how the Alfa website manages to make it look so ugly in comparison!

·
Registered
40,535 Posts
The website pictures must lose sales for Alfa. It looks better in the flesh but they don't seem to getting on the roads. They should be driving some round the M25 etc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
4500 miles after i love it even more, shuch an amazing car! I own Veloce 280 and i can say that this is the best handling car i have ever driven, better then BMW 330i or C Class. The finish overall is good, the leather is superb - much better than the competition but this is in Veloce which is totally different than standard. What i can say more, more you drive the car more you like it :) And the corners...

·
Registered
71 Posts
4500 miles after i love it even more, shuch an amazing car! I own Veloce 280 and i can say that this is the best handling car i have ever driven, better then BMW 330i or C Class. The finish overall is good, the leather is superb - much better than the competition but this is in Veloce which is totally different than standard. What i can say more, more you drive the car more you like it :) And the corners...
Bit out of my league at present but maybe one day.
Even my Super is turning heads today as I haven't seen one myself in the area.
Very pleased with my detailing efforts as I didn't opt for dealer paint protection.

4 hours of my time: Clay bar (paint quite contaminated)
Wax
Today. Detailing spray
Rain X

1 - 20 of 29 Posts